Forum rss-feed

Forum

Pico: Octave lights indicate current octave

Most Recent

written by: ChrisPenner

Any official response to this request? I'd like to see it implemented.

Sat, 22 Oct 2011 06:44:43 +0100 BST

I'd love it if the octave buttons would change colours depending on your current octave so you can tell where you are at a glance. Upon switching instruments I usually don't know which octave best fits the new instrument, and I can't tell where I am in the octaves.

All it would take is a simple system like this:
Octave 0: both lights blank (or red)
Octave +1 : "octave up" button turns orange
Octave +2: "octave up" button lights green
and vice versa using the "octave down" button lights when descending from octave 0. This would be super handy, and who doesn't love more flashing lights?

written by: NothanUmber

Sat, 22 Oct 2011 15:24:53 +0100 BST

Hi,

interesting idea! I don't think you will be able to accomplish that with the currently existing agents, the neccessary agent to do that should not be too complex though (at least in a specialized form) - presumably it could be written in plain Python without C++. (Am currently still occupied with "weekend things" + midi illuminator, so if someone wants to jump in..) :)
(If C++ would become necessary - I built me an abstraction layer for simple agents for the midi illuminator, perhaps that could also be useful there..)

Greetings,
NothanUmber

written by: barnone

Sat, 22 Oct 2011 16:31:18 +0100 BST

This idea in general goes back to before we had the Stage app and everything was tweaked on the instrument including mixer levels. But the lack of any meaningful feedback makes it nigh impossible especially when it's something like a level or pan setting. Octave is at least easy to hear.

Would love to see the possibility that some general purpose feedback lights could popup, say on the percussion keys in the case of the alpha, to show level for mix settings, only when you are adjusting that on instrument, say with the strip controller instead of the keys. Call it a visual feedback agent if you will.

Mon, 31 Oct 2011 17:14:26 +0000 GMT

Any official response to this request? I'd like to see it implemented.

Please log in to join the discussions