Forum rss-feed

Forum

Pico: switching alchemy instruments from the pico

Most Recent

written by: john

If you're a programmer then you might also be interested in our open source release - there are quite a few people having fun with it now and it looks as if we may have our first developers conference in the new year. You can wander through some of the discussions here.

written by: mikelevins

Thu, 20 Oct 2011 10:46:05 +0100 BST

Hey, folks,

I'll bet one of you knows the answer to this one: how do I switch instruments in Alchemy from the Pico keys? (I'm interested in each of the possible meanings: how to switch collections; how to switch categories within a collection; how to switch voices within a category).

Thanks in advance.

Thu, 20 Oct 2011 15:34:02 +0100 BST

Hi

You can't change the sounds from the keys in the standard Pico Factory setup, you need to do that from the Alchemy window.

I think it may be possible to set up Alchemy to change sounds and banks on MIDI patch changes. If this is the case then one could in theory set up a Talker to make this happen from keys. This is a pretty advanced thing to do at the moment though, especially as such a Talker doesn't exist in the Pico Factory Setup (the Alpha and Tau already have suitable Talkers, just not the Pico) to start with so you'd need to do some fairly extensive reconfiguration.

John

written by: mikelevins

Fri, 21 Oct 2011 12:40:44 +0100 BST

Thanks for the info anyhow. Maybe it'll be the incentive I need to learn Belcanto (I'm a programmer by trade; I just haven't gotten around to paying attention to it yet).

written by: keyman

Fri, 21 Oct 2011 15:54:04 +0100 BST

Hi mikelevins,
in the meantime, I always found that some sort of foot control does complement very well the PICO (not only!).
Be it for changing tonics, scales or settings inside the plug-ins or other powerful things.
It is possible (my 2 cents to John's good explanation ) thru program change to alter the sounds in Alchemy.
I remember doing it with Ab LIVE with midi clips, was able to change Bank and programs, just not collections... (miss something there)

Who am I (simple musician, not programmer) to talk about fantastic Belcanto and powerful EigenD, just marvels; and what we can achieve/ control with the Eigenharp's either on stage performing, in the studio or just having fun "jamming"

Hope this helps a bit more...

keyman

Fri, 21 Oct 2011 16:04:45 +0100 BST

If you're a programmer then you might also be interested in our open source release - there are quite a few people having fun with it now and it looks as if we may have our first developers conference in the new year. You can wander through some of the discussions here.

Please log in to join the discussions