Forum rss-feed

Forum

Developers: MIDI key illuminator

Most Recent

written by: NothanUmber

Ok, here a Windows version of the MIDI Illuminator agent for EigenD 1.4.12. Please have a look at the contained Readme.
If it doesn't work just come back to me and I can have a look.
(As far as I can remember, there were problems with very big setups - like the Alpha3 setup. Because the way layouts are handled is more on the memory intensive "brute force" side. Here it might help to experiment with the "light" versions (also included - but not fully tested if I remember right), that use less memory - but also offer fewer features.)

Also added the complete sources in the state I left it. (Not prettiest possible, this was mainly for learning how things work. Wanted to clean it up but never did... - but it should work.)
P.S.: Forgot to add the Stage tabs. If the folder should be empty - please redownload

Sun, 9 Jun 2013 12:02:13 +0100 BST

This was a custom agent written by me for EigenD 1, it has no relation to the illuminator agent of EigenD 2. It allows to light keys based in incoming MIDI events, with different colors per channel etc. As EigenD 1 had no distinction between musical and physical layouts, my agent came with an own layout solution. This would not be necessary anymore for an EigenD 2 variant.
If you are still using EigenD 1 you can use my current agent, the download link in this posting should still be valid.
Also plan to do an EigenD 2 port, if the dust settled a little bit, too much going on here atm., so I had to focus.
Schedule would be by the end of the year at the latest - then hopefully already for the full open source EigenD version that we all look forward to!

written by: whitetree

Sun, 9 Jun 2013 16:01:58 +0100 BST

ah, thanks for clarifying. I am still on eigenD1 so I will give it a go -
fantastic possibilities sequencing setups and leds from a daw.

great to hear you plan to continue on the project, - just have to wait for the foundation to found so we can see what the new release holds!

Sun, 9 Jun 2013 20:03:08 +0100 BST

Put the link to the latest binaries into the first posting. The version for EigenD 1.4.12 (latest EigenD1 version) was only compiled for MacOS X (because there was only one person still interested in it and he worked on MacOS :) ) If you are on Windows just ping me, I can recompile it for 1.4.12 if needed.

Sun, 9 Jun 2013 20:55:17 +0100 BST

hmm - couldn't find a way to PM you here..
does your agent for 1.4.12 allow midi to musical layouts? or are the leds on the grid hard-coded events? I'm on windows here, and what I'm thinking would probably require a lot of hardcoding for a physical layout -

Sun, 9 Jun 2013 22:06:30 +0100 BST

Musical layouts don't exist yet in EigenD 1, so I built my own mapping mechanism for midi->key lights. You can define these mappings in an Excel sheet or adjust them via Stage tabs. Several light layouts can be defined and chosen via Stage/Belcanto (note: switching the "light layout" has to be done separately from choosing the playing layout - unless you edit the default setup and add the necessary Belcanto commands to the layout switch keys).
I'll compile you a Windows version that should work for 1.4.12, then you can experiment yourself (it comes with a readme). (Hope I get it to compile with Win8, never tried this for EigenD1...) If it doesn't work feel free to ask.

Sun, 9 Jun 2013 22:06:59 +0100 BST

thanks nothanumber- looking forward to it!

Sun, 9 Jun 2013 22:52:12 +0100 BST

Ok, here a Windows version of the MIDI Illuminator agent for EigenD 1.4.12. Please have a look at the contained Readme.
If it doesn't work just come back to me and I can have a look.
(As far as I can remember, there were problems with very big setups - like the Alpha3 setup. Because the way layouts are handled is more on the memory intensive "brute force" side. Here it might help to experiment with the "light" versions (also included - but not fully tested if I remember right), that use less memory - but also offer fewer features.)

Also added the complete sources in the state I left it. (Not prettiest possible, this was mainly for learning how things work. Wanted to clean it up but never did... - but it should work.)
P.S.: Forgot to add the Stage tabs. If the folder should be empty - please redownload

Please log in to join the discussions