Forum rss-feed

Forum

Developers: make flake

Most Recent

written by: geert

Yes you can just copy over /usr/pi from your other machine.

written by: bwong

Fri, 14 Oct 2011 03:31:53 +0100 BST

I have been trying to get EigenD to build on my Mac (OSC 10.6.8) without any luck. I just get a big list of errors when I "simply type make". I have the latest version of Xcode, however am pretty much a noob on OSX, so possibly I am missing something obvious. Do I need some additional software to be installed for SCONS? Any tips would be much appreciated.

Another question I have is that since I only have a Pico, will this even work for me?

written by: barnone

Fri, 14 Oct 2011 03:33:37 +0100 BST

Can you post like first 20 errors?

Take a look at thread on Building on Lion.

Fri, 14 Oct 2011 04:08:34 +0100 BST

barnone,

Here are the start of the lines of errors, from the 1st one :

lib_alpha2/src/a2dump.cpp:24:20: error: unistd.h: No such file or directory
lib_alpha2/src/a2dump.cpp:30:18: error: cstdio: No such file or directory
lib_alpha2/src/a2dump.cpp:31:19: error: cstring: No such file or directory
lib_alpha2/src/a2dump.cpp:32:19: error: cstdlib: No such file or directory
In file included from ./lib_alpha2/alpha2_usb.h:23,
from lib_alpha2/src/a2dump.cpp:34:
./picross/pic_stdint.h:26:20: error: stdint.h: No such file or directory
In file included from ./picross/pic_weak.h:23,
from ./picross/pic_functor.h:23,
from ./picross/pic_usb.h:24,
from ./lib_alpha2/alpha2_active.h:24,
from lib_alpha2/src/a2dump.cpp:35:
./picross/pic_error.h:23:21: error: exception: No such file or directory
./picross/pic_error.h:24:18: error: string: No such file or directory
In file included from ./picross/pic_weak.h:25,
from ./picross/pic_functor.h:23,
from ./picross/pic_usb.h:24,
from ./lib_alpha2/alpha2_active.h:24,
from lib_alpha2/src/a2dump.cpp:35:
./picross/pic_atomic.h:316:30: error: libkern/OSAtomic.h: No such file or directory

After looking at the Building on Lion thread, it would appear I am having the same issue, as I am currently running g++ 4.2.1. Considering I am not running Lion, which solution should I try to apply?

Also my question about the Pico remains - am I wasting my time building EigenD with only a Pico to work with?

written by: barnone

Fri, 14 Oct 2011 04:21:30 +0100 BST

Yes, it should be the same issue. You should be able to fix it with those instructions.

re pico...no you are not wasting your time.

Cheers!

Fri, 14 Oct 2011 04:28:09 +0100 BST

Thanks for your help barnone! I will give it a try tomorrow, getting too late tonight.

Fri, 14 Oct 2011 06:52:27 +0100 BST

Yes this is definitely due to use have to hardcode the GCC version that is used. Following the thread about getting it to work on Lion should solve these make problems for you.

written by: dhjdhj

Fri, 18 Nov 2011 16:07:20 +0000 GMT

I decided to have another go at getting this environment to build. I uninstalled xcode4, installed xcode3 (moved it to /Developer-old) and reinstalled xcode4.

Changed the select_tools.py and darwin_tools.py to refer to /Developer-old but I still can't build due to a reference to /usr/pi

Now, I realize that such a folder exists on the machine where I actually RUN the software but that's not a development machine so it doesn't have xcode on it.

Is it possible to just modify the following line

unix_tools.PiUnixEnvironment.__init__(self,platform,'usr/pi','Library/Eigenlabs',python='/usr/pi/bin/python')

to point to my existing python installation?

Fri, 18 Nov 2011 16:27:36 +0000 GMT

Can I just copy them from the install on my other computer without actually installing EigenD on my development machine?

It's kind of odd to have to have EigenD previously installed to be able to build it. There must have been a first time :-)

Fri, 18 Nov 2011 16:27:46 +0000 GMT

There has been some weirdness with later versions of Python being installed without upgrading other libraries that EigenD uses. The recommended way is to really use the runtime tools that are installed in /usr/pi.

written by: GoneCaving

Fri, 18 Nov 2011 16:39:03 +0000 GMT

dhjdhj,
Seems like you're making life difficult for yourself. You could always try it, assuming you have python 2.5.1 and the wx python packages.

Do let us know how you get on.

D

Fri, 18 Nov 2011 16:53:03 +0000 GMT

That's a matter of perspective. I'd like to avoid impacting my development environment, on which I depend to make a living!

Eigenharp is a hobby. I'd rather make the Eigen stuff fit into my environment rather than having to change my environment (with potential risks to other projects since I don't know how the EigenD stuff impacts other stuff) to suit Eigen.

Fri, 18 Nov 2011 16:53:40 +0000 GMT

Thanks, Geert --- I was just getting ready to do that when I realized that I probably need to install a newer version of EigenD on my laptop first.

Fri, 18 Nov 2011 16:57:38 +0000 GMT

Yes you can just copy over /usr/pi from your other machine.

Please log in to join the discussions