Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: Unable to load Factory Setup 1 and/or Stage - Pico/Windows7

Most Recent

written by: carvingCode

All works as it should now. Geert worked with me this week to solve the problem. He put together a couple of test versions for me to check and gave me several ideas for correcting things.

Now, I can open all setups and Stage in all setups. Exactly what was needed.

Thanks, Geert!

Randy

Tue, 11 Oct 2011 22:16:21 +0100 BST

Hi -

Reported this to Customer Service. They did get back with a suggestion to re-install the Resources and USB driver 1.0.8. I did.

Problem is this:

v1.3.31

EigenD crashes when loading Factory Setup 1

v1.4.7

EigenD loads Factory Setup 1, but will not load its Stage tabs. If I have Stage open from a User Setup (which do properly load in both version, BTW) the 'Connect to EigenD' dialog appears a couple times, then finally shows but with the 'connect button disabled. If I dismiss the dialog, the Stage window closes. If Stage is not open prior to loading the Factory Setup 1, the dialog appears with the diabled 'connect' button.

User Setups load fine and display the Stage tabs stored with them.

What can I try?

written by: geert

Wed, 12 Oct 2011 08:17:05 +0100 BST

Hi,

Sorry that we haven't responded to your bug report about this yet.

One thing to try is to upgrade the Alchemy plugin to the free Alchemy Player plugin that can be downloaded from Camel Audio. The one that is currently shipped with EigenD is due for an upgrade and has some stability bugs on some newer operating systems. Since that is loaded by default in the factory setups, it could be responsible for the crashes you mention.

It can be downloaded from here:
http://www.camelaudio.com/AlchemyPlayer.php

Please report if that solved your issue.

Take care,

Geert

Wed, 19 Oct 2011 00:05:32 +0100 BST

I updated Alchemy and still have symptoms reported earlier. Over the weekend I also uninstalled all EigenD software, resources, and drivers and reinstalled to the latest versions. Still same symptoms.

The 'connect to EigenD' dialog stays on screen until I dismiss. Left it running for a couple hours. (This is with 1.4.7).

What else can I try?

written by: geert

Wed, 19 Oct 2011 08:09:35 +0100 BST

@carvingCode, so the rest of EigenD works, you can play the Eigenharp? It's just connecting Stage that doesn't work? If that's the case it sounds to me that you might have a firewall on your machine that's blocking network access. Try to look around for something that does that (a security suite or something) and in its settings or preferences you might need to change something so that it asks you for permission when an unknown application requests network access.

HTH,

Geert

Wed, 19 Oct 2011 13:00:02 +0100 BST

Hi Geert -

I can open Stage after loading user defined setups that have been imported from previous versions. I can't open Stage from Factory Setup or the MIDI setup you posted a week or so ago. (I definitely want access to that.)

So, I don't think a firewall is the issue.

What else can I try?

Thanks.

Thu, 20 Oct 2011 01:19:37 +0100 BST

I'm baffled why Stage loads fine with user setups I created back in a 1.3.x version, but hangs when opening in Factory or Geert's all MIDI setup. The setups load, but Stage hangs at the 'Connecting eigenD' dialog.

Sat, 22 Oct 2011 19:29:26 +0100 BST

All works as it should now. Geert worked with me this week to solve the problem. He put together a couple of test versions for me to check and gave me several ideas for correcting things.

Now, I can open all setups and Stage in all setups. Exactly what was needed.

Thanks, Geert!

Randy

Please log in to join the discussions