Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: selecting a soundfont in eigenbrowser

Most Recent

written by: john

Hi Luukdegen

We have plans to replace the current EigenBrowser completely at some point in the future, probably with a Stage widget that can be connected to whatever property needs browsing. This does require a lot of work though (the underlying browsing protocol needs to be completely changed) so it's probably not going to make it in until 2.1 at the earliest. We''ll keep your comments in mind when we get to the rework though, thanks, they're a good idea.

John

written by: luukdegen

Mon, 26 Sep 2011 01:33:28 +0100 BST

I experience selecting a soundfont in the eigenbrowser sometimes as a bit cumbersome, even more when I add my own soundfonts and AU's.
here are some modest proposals fr improvement (unless I've missed something):
1 - it would be very helpful to have some structured search path, like a hierarchy or a tree (i.e. plucked instruments - guitar - electrivc guitar - stratocaster with fx)) ;
2 it would speed up my search if you'd always come back to the place in a list where you left it the last time
By the way, Stage is great and very helpful for quickly setting all Tau parameters!

written by: john

Mon, 26 Sep 2011 09:15:54 +0100 BST

Hi Luukdegen

We have plans to replace the current EigenBrowser completely at some point in the future, probably with a Stage widget that can be connected to whatever property needs browsing. This does require a lot of work though (the underlying browsing protocol needs to be completely changed) so it's probably not going to make it in until 2.1 at the earliest. We''ll keep your comments in mind when we get to the rework though, thanks, they're a good idea.

John

Please log in to join the discussions