Forum rss-feed

Forum

Sounds: Batch Converting Apple Loops from .caf to .aiff ...

Most Recent

written by: daveclark966

Avdshare Audio Converter can help to convert CAF of all kinds to MP3, to WAV, to FLAC, AIFF, M4A, AC3, ACC, OGG, MP2, WMA and any audio format with the original CAF audio quality.

written by: Foveus

Fri, 16 Sep 2011 23:30:09 +0100 BST

Many of us own Logic, Apple Jam Packs and everyone with a Mac has Garageband with tons of included loops ... all of which unfortunately are in the .caf format which isn't compatible with EigenD. It is my understanding that in order to use them in EigenD they must first be converted to .aiff or .aif. Is this still the case or has EigenD been revised to work with .caf files? And if not, will it be anytime soon? And if the answer to that is no then is there an easy way to batch convert the .caf loops to .aiff or .aif files? Doing it individually would be tedious and likely take forever.

written by: john

Sat, 17 Sep 2011 13:37:24 +0100 BST

Apples .caf files are encrypted (specifically to prevent you using them with other applicatons I imagine - the original aiff loop file format was not restricted and one used to be able to use the loops Apple shipped outside of Logic or Garageband) and cannot be read by EigenD. I am not aware that anyone has broken the encryption so I'm afraid you're probably out of luck with that. If this annoys you as much as it does me (not being able to use something that one has paid for outside of Apples universe seems very wrong), please write to Apple and complain, you never know it might make a difference.

John

written by: jsn

Sat, 24 Sep 2011 18:18:34 +0100 BST

Can't you use the standard 'afconvert' command line tool in OSX? That effectively converts CAF to AIFF

see http://www.devdaily.com/mac-os-x/convert-caf-sound-file-aif-aiff-mp3-format for examples

written by: john

Sat, 24 Sep 2011 19:00:42 +0100 BST

Does that preserve the timeslice marker data so that timestretching works? Has anyone tried it?

written by: EdisonRex

Fri, 27 Jan 2012 21:57:14 +0000 GMT

I tried that afconvert thing. Although the resulting loops play in apple loop utility, they do not play in EigenD's looper. They don't crash it, but they don't give out sound. So that encryption is probably still at work there or I haven't got the options right. It'd be brilliant if it worked.

I have good results with, of all things, Audacity, converting to .wav and then open with apple loop utility to return the transients. And that way one can adjust the transients anyway. Audacity notices extra trailing space on the .caf files however and I need to remove that or else the timing is wrong in the loop. But it's a lot more work.

written by: happygirlbaby

Wed, 8 Aug 2012 09:15:54 +0100 BST

Bigasoft Total Video Converter, working as a professional CAF Converter, helps to fast and batch convert CAF to all audio formats including convert CAF to WAV, MP3, WMA, APE, M4A, AAC, AC3, OGG, AUD, and AIFF. In addition to convert CAF, it can also help to convert between popular video and audio formats, and convert video to CAF and other audio.

Step by Step Guide on How to Convert CAF to all Popular Audio Formats like WAV, MP3, AAC, M4a, OGG on Windows and Mac at http://audioconverters.blogspot.com/2011/04/caf-converter-easily-convert-caf-to-wav.html

written by: musaicsong

Fri, 30 Nov 2012 01:00:07 +0000 GMT

If you already have one, use a video capture to record the sound of the .caf file as it plays. I use the original version of iShowu HD. Do not upgrade it, because the upgrades disable the function you original bought it for: Like being able to record movies. Then xstract the audio.

written by: christine83

Mon, 13 May 2013 02:32:55 +0100 BST

I follow the guide from TechiSky and successfully batch convert caf to aiff. Really awesome.

http://www.techisky.com/how-to/how-to-convert-caf-to-aiff.html

written by: carvingCode

Mon, 13 May 2013 22:59:57 +0100 BST

Great to know, christine83. I'll give this a try.

written by: mikemilton

Tue, 14 May 2013 11:28:57 +0100 BST

Thanks for this solution

written by: nelsonalanbegin

Mon, 15 Jul 2013 09:09:03 +0100 BST

iDealshare VideoGo is just the right CAF Converter which can convert CAF to AIFF, MP3, WAV, WMA, M4A, FLAC, OGG, AC3, APE, AU, RA on Mac or Windows.

Moreover, this powerful CAF Converter also can increase CAF audio volume; join several CAF files into one; trim audio segment; adjust audio codec, sample rate, audio channels; batch convert CAF files and etc.

written by: emmabrown33

Wed, 17 Jul 2013 03:45:31 +0100 BST

As a professional CAF file converter, Any CAF Audio Converter can fast and batch convert CAF to all most all popular audio formats including converting CAF to AIFF, MP3, 320kbps MP3, WAV, 24bit WAV, WMA, APE, M4A, AAC, AC3, OGG, and AUD. In addition to converting CAF, it can also help to convert 6 channel WAV, AIFF, APE, Apple Lossless to various audio as well as convert between popular audio formats, and convert video to CAF and other audio.

Moreover, the versatile CAF Converter offers advanced CAF editing such as to trim, merge, split audio, and adjust audio quality, bitrates, audio channels, and volume to customize output audio.

written by: Ranjan Anand

Thu, 1 Aug 2013 12:17:35 +0100 BST

thank you for your share,it's very helpful for me

written by: nmoaellik

Fri, 11 Apr 2014 09:23:45 +0100 BST

Some people recommended renaming your caf file to other formats, but this way didn't work.

If you want to convert caf file to wav, mp3, flac, ogg, ac3, au and so on, you'd better to turn to a professional caf converter.

I tried the above one and works like a charm.

written by: AudioHelperProject

Tue, 15 Apr 2014 10:00:10 +0100 BST

Try "Easy CAF Converter for Logic Pro" on the Mac App Store.

According to an app description,

"The Easy CAF Converter for Logic Pro automatically converts Apple Loops installed with Logic Pro 9 and X to uncompressed audio formats (aiff and wave).

With the Easy CAF Converter for Logic Pro, musicians using other major DAWs (e.g., Cubase, ProTools, Ableton Live, and Studio One, etc.) can now easily use the rich set of apple loops of Logic Pro in their music productions."

App Store location:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/easy-caf-converter-for-logic/id851083620?l=ko&ls=1&mt=12

written by: comeonjanuary

Wed, 29 Oct 2014 03:08:04 +0000 GMT

You may also refer to this detailed guide to convert caf to mp3, wav, aiff, aac, apple lossless m4a and etc at http://www.allavsoft.com/how-to/convert-caf-to-mp3-wav-m4a-aiff-aac.html

written by: peterfan

Tue, 11 Aug 2015 08:27:30 +0100 BST

Allavsoft for Mac coupon:
http://couponcode0.com/allavsoft-for-mac.html

written by: Faculat

Fri, 25 Aug 2017 10:00:14 +0100 BST

I use this program: http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/shn-converter.html
It can deal with most video/audio format in batches. That works well for me

written by: Kerryling

Fri, 8 Jun 2018 13:16:39 +0100 BST

No matter which audio format you have to convert to MP3, you can use Audio Converter for Mac to do this with three steps. Import audio files -> Set MP3 as output format and convert them to MP3. Is it easy for you? Just have a try of this tutorial.

Please log in to join the discussions