Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: routing matrix

Most Recent

written by: gdorcival

thank you Geert
i use dmsi with windows 7 to connect with cubase, my problem to map the routing matrix that's with 2: CC Breath Controller (only), when i breath, nothing append(but cubase receive midi message), with cc 17 also, i have something when i use the cc expression control (until now i tried only with omnisphere). I have also a macbookpro i want to try today on osx. i have many cracks and other noise on windows 7 (with fireface 400 rme) all the time on the last eight keys.
guillaume

Wed, 7 Sep 2011 14:26:17 +0100 BST

i'm a new user of the pico, and i can't programm correctly the routing matrix of the midii controller 1 (for midi output) to use the breath controller, also i need help to do that.
guillaume

written by: geert

Wed, 7 Sep 2011 15:54:53 +0100 BST

Hi, can you please say which version of the software you're using? I strongly suggest that you upgrade to v1.3.27 which will in the next few days be promoted to stable and has a lot of improvements:
http://www.eigenlabs.com/downloads/releases/eigend-1327-testing/

Best regards,

Geert

Wed, 7 Sep 2011 21:01:23 +0100 BST

I use the 1326 version i upgrade and i tell you what's append!
Guillaume

Thu, 8 Sep 2011 05:52:46 +0100 BST

Does your breath controller work with the clarinet? Which operating system are you using, Windows 7 or MacOSX? Can you please send us a bug report using the built-in tool from the EigenD File menu? Finally, how are you concluding that it doesn't work, which software do you use to receive the MIDI information. Does that software receive the MIDI notes correctly? How do you set up the mapping in the matrix, what do you connect breath to?

Best regards,

Geert

Thu, 8 Sep 2011 12:56:22 +0100 BST

i learn to play with pico, i learn to configure routing matrix, i learn belcanto etc. and also i learn english!
and what i try to say is : i can configure routing matrix for audio unit control with the window plugin parameters but i 'm not enough expert in midi to configure with the midi cc window's for the breath controller
(with the routing matrix of midi controller 1 i don't have the plugin parameters window's).
i use cubase 6 on windows 7 pro (64)i see in cubase when i receive midi message example when i touch the stripcontroller or key, but with the breath controller i have nothing,in fact i want only the common options to configure the midi cc for breath controller.
"How do you set up the mapping in the matrix, what do you connect breath to?":
that's what i want to learn!
Best regards,
Guillaume

Fri, 9 Sep 2011 12:16:25 +0100 BST

(with the routing matrix of midi controller 1 i don't have the plugin parameters window's). : i want to say with the routing matrix of midi converter 1

Sat, 10 Sep 2011 10:18:48 +0100 BST

Hi Guillaume,

You need to go over MIDI CC messages, which is actually one of the problems with the old MIDI protocol. CC is an intermediate step of data that doesn't allow you to directly attach Eigenharp controls to your MIDI devices, it is also very low resolution so you lose some of the expression of the Eigenharp.

So to connect your Pico's breath controller to a Cubase instrument, you first have to use the routing matrix to connect Breath to a MIDI CC Message. The message '2: CC Breath Controller' is probably to most appropriate one, but you could use any you like. Then in Cubase you must make sure that you're receiving the MIDI information from EigenD. You can do this by selecting a MIDI output for the MIDI instrument and making sure that Cubase listens to that as an input. (This wiki page explains/ how to do it on a Mac, on Windows you'll most probably have to install a virtual MIDI driver like LoopBe (this is built in on MacOSX).

When you get the MIDI data in Cubase, you then have to connect the CC message that you used for Breath to the what you want to control in the software instrument that is running in Cubase. Please refer to the Cubase manuals about how to do that.

Hope this helps,

Geert

Wed, 14 Sep 2011 13:43:09 +0100 BST

thank you Geert
i use dmsi with windows 7 to connect with cubase, my problem to map the routing matrix that's with 2: CC Breath Controller (only), when i breath, nothing append(but cubase receive midi message), with cc 17 also, i have something when i use the cc expression control (until now i tried only with omnisphere). I have also a macbookpro i want to try today on osx. i have many cracks and other noise on windows 7 (with fireface 400 rme) all the time on the last eight keys.
guillaume

Please log in to join the discussions