Forum rss-feed

Forum

General Discussion: Eigenharp clubhouse every Monday at 16h CET

Most Recent

written by: geert

Yeah, we should definitely be careful not to have the audio of the hangout go out on speakers, otherwise it's quite disconcerting for everyone since there are echoes all over the place.

It does take a while to figure out the routing with the Eigenharp connected. In my case it's a bit easier since I'm using the microphone from the Alpha to talk, so it's all already mixed together in EigenD. I just need to mix the G+ hangout signal with my own, which is trivial with a multi-channel audio interface. There's some complexity in my case since I'm recording and streaming out over Livestream and it can't use arbitrary audio interface channels, so I had to route the audio over digital in and out to the Mac's internal audio interface for that. Seems to work well now though.

Looking forward to next Monday! :-)

Thu, 25 Aug 2011 13:06:51 +0100 BST

Last Monday we had our first Eigenharp clubhouse, it was very ad-hoc and improvised, mostly to check technical things etc. As of next Monday I’ll be organizing an Eigenharp clubhouse every Monday at 16h CET using Google+ hangout. You can circle me through my G+ profile, feel free to ask me for an invite if you’re not on G+ yet.

In addition to meeting up, I’ll be recording the hangout and streaming it out directly on my Livestream, here’s a recording from last Monday.

See you next week!

written by: Larryheil

Thu, 8 Sep 2011 00:08:00 +0100 BST

I have been enjoying the last 2 Clubhouse. G+ hangout works pretty well, however, audio echos are still a problem. I think the best way to get rid of this is to use a headset or headset/mic. The anti-echo setting in G+ does not seem to help with this problem. Turning down the speaker vol. helps some but then one may find it difficult to hear us :-)

written by: keyman

Thu, 8 Sep 2011 02:24:08 +0100 BST

I'm also enjoying the G+ hangouts. It's simply great to be able to discuss
and meet "Eigen" musicians from all over the world.

About the echos... this last Monday it was definitely me, (I left the stereo out open) it's not easy to mix all the audio signals right. A headset/mic does help, until you sum up the Eigenharp signal...things gets complex, and every rig/setup/audio interface as its settings.

Looking forward for the next one (and to improve; always...)

keyman

Thu, 8 Sep 2011 05:41:43 +0100 BST

Yeah, we should definitely be careful not to have the audio of the hangout go out on speakers, otherwise it's quite disconcerting for everyone since there are echoes all over the place.

It does take a while to figure out the routing with the Eigenharp connected. In my case it's a bit easier since I'm using the microphone from the Alpha to talk, so it's all already mixed together in EigenD. I just need to mix the G+ hangout signal with my own, which is trivial with a multi-channel audio interface. There's some complexity in my case since I'm recording and streaming out over Livestream and it can't use arbitrary audio interface channels, so I had to route the audio over digital in and out to the Mac's internal audio interface for that. Seems to work well now though.

Looking forward to next Monday! :-)

Please log in to join the discussions