Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: User scales ordered alphabetically?

Most Recent

written by: ChrisPenner

Ahh, good to know about the holidays. It would be great to be able to organize them better yes, I'm also wondering why there are so many doubles of scales. I found several scales that were the exact same scale, sometimes even without a very different name (such as "Major" and "Natural Major" being the same scale) it would help cut down on clutter if identical scales could be consolidated. :D

written by: dkah

Tue, 9 Aug 2011 14:20:18 +0100 BST

I found out I can load my user scales in Belcanto by using the user number.
But comparing the text file where I put these scales and the user number the Eigenbrowser gives me, I see that EigenD doesn't give me the order I put them in, but sorts the scales first alphabetically.
This is actually not really what I expected.
Did I see this right and why is this the case? The other (built-in) scales are not sorted alphabetically in any way, there it would be really helpful.

written by: geert

Tue, 9 Aug 2011 16:35:57 +0100 BST

This is already fixed in our codebase and will be present in the next 1.3 and 1.4 releases. However, given most of the development team is on holiday for two weeks (including me), these version will have to wait until we return to be released.

Take care,

Geert

written by: ChrisPenner

Tue, 9 Aug 2011 23:34:54 +0100 BST

Ahh, good to know about the holidays. It would be great to be able to organize them better yes, I'm also wondering why there are so many doubles of scales. I found several scales that were the exact same scale, sometimes even without a very different name (such as "Major" and "Natural Major" being the same scale) it would help cut down on clutter if identical scales could be consolidated. :D

Please log in to join the discussions