Forum rss-feed

Forum

Sounds: New clicker sound please!

Most Recent

written by: ChrisPenner

Sounds good, that should work and I don't see how that could cause other problems.

Sat, 6 Aug 2011 20:42:53 +0100 BST

Could we get a few other options for the clicker loop please? The one in place is functional, but the bar click is really quite annoying and jarring, and it sounds completely out of place if you have it running as you record loops live. Perhaps we could get a couple options such as a classic wooden metronome "tick tock" or a hi-hat where it's open on the bar beat.

I found the ticker browse button, but when I hit that there aren't any options in the browser.

Also, is there any place where we can see the current roadmap or features or even the list of current feature requests? I've got several small feature requests but don't know if they've been suggested already. Nor do I want to start a new thread for every little thing. Where would the best place to suggest these be? Thanks!

Fri, 9 Sep 2011 04:33:22 +0100 BST

Any news on this yet?

written by: geert

Sat, 10 Sep 2011 10:35:02 +0100 BST

Hi Chris,

There's currently no feature that allows you to easily change the sound of the clicker. However, you can 'hack' around it if you're willing to dig in by replacing the audio files in the EigenD installation. Note that this is quite unsupported and untested, but it might help you forward. The clicker sounds are stored as individual WAV files: beat.wav and accent.wav. You can find them in the EigenD installation, on Mac here:
"/usr/pi/release-1.3.28-testing/modules/plg_loop" and on Windows here: "c:\Program Files\Eigenlabs\release-1.3.28-testing\modules\plg_loop\" directory. By replacing the files there with other WAV files, you should be able to change the sound that the clicker uses. I'll schedule this as a feature request and we'll see when we can include an easier way to do this in a future release.

Hope this helps,

Geert

Sun, 11 Sep 2011 18:55:49 +0100 BST

Sounds good, that should work and I don't see how that could cause other problems.

Please log in to join the discussions