Forum rss-feed

Forum

General Discussion: Questions about starting to use Belcanto

Most Recent

written by: john

Hi Larry

Whatever you do with Belcanto is only saved when you save your setup, so if you start by saving whichever Factory Setup you are using as a different name, then you can't break the original one. There are very few things that are not in the setup (ie, that are stored in the Instrument flash memory) and I don't think you can change any of them from Belcanto easily, so you are safe to experiment.

When experimenting its a good idea to save the Setup you are working on frequently, and save a new version if you are off into unknown territory, just the same as any application out there really. We don't have any kind of 'undo' function as yet (its on the list to do in the 2.X line, but no eta as yet) so frequent saves are a good idea.

We aren't very far off initial release of 2.0 now and Workbench will become available as a product at the same time, there will be an announcement about this shortly.

Have fun...

John

written by: Larryheil

Fri, 8 Jul 2011 11:52:34 +0100 BST

I am concerned that if I change or mess something up when starting to learn Belcanto will it render my Alpha useless ?
Can one restart EigenD and load in one of the factory Alpha settings and then be back to square one ?? and undo any unwanted changes ?

written by: john

Fri, 8 Jul 2011 12:24:38 +0100 BST

Hi Larry

Whatever you do with Belcanto is only saved when you save your setup, so if you start by saving whichever Factory Setup you are using as a different name, then you can't break the original one. There are very few things that are not in the setup (ie, that are stored in the Instrument flash memory) and I don't think you can change any of them from Belcanto easily, so you are safe to experiment.

When experimenting its a good idea to save the Setup you are working on frequently, and save a new version if you are off into unknown territory, just the same as any application out there really. We don't have any kind of 'undo' function as yet (its on the list to do in the 2.X line, but no eta as yet) so frequent saves are a good idea.

We aren't very far off initial release of 2.0 now and Workbench will become available as a product at the same time, there will be an announcement about this shortly.

Have fun...

John

Please log in to join the discussions