Forum rss-feed

Forum

Pico: How to create a 7/8 or 9/16 time signature beat with pico

Most Recent

written by: Thierry

I am trying to get the tempo to change from 6/4 to 4/4 and the explanation above confuses me since the beat tap button is not the lowest one on your right, according to the manual (page 1) but the number 7 from the top right side of the Pico. Any better explanation??

written by: caveboy

Sat, 23 Jul 2011 23:48:56 +0100 BST

John, I have to pop in at this point to say those ideas for the metronome sound great. I've got a bit of a thing for 7/8, so anything that makes it a bit easier to deal with if I start using loops would be welcome.

That said, in my head I don't really see 7/8 as any different to 7/16 or 7/4 or 7/2. There's a pulse, the pulse happens seven times within a bar, and that's it really.

I can't really see how loops can work out without them being made for 7-beat bars though.

written by: ChrisPenner

Sat, 6 Aug 2011 20:34:35 +0100 BST

I had absolutely no trouble getting the clicker to run with 7 beats per bar, just make sure that when you tap it out you do the first beat with the beat tap button (the lowest one on your right) and the next six with the one above that.

written by: Thierry

Fri, 13 Dec 2013 17:06:43 +0000 GMT

I am trying to get the tempo to change from 6/4 to 4/4 and the explanation above confuses me since the beat tap button is not the lowest one on your right, according to the manual (page 1) but the number 7 from the top right side of the Pico. Any better explanation??

Please log in to join the discussions