Forum rss-feed

Forum

General Discussion: Finally got to make some "wow" music

Most Recent

written by: keyman

As always nice and rich features for the future ! great!

In the meantime there is! AU or VST tabs for STAGE (with 1.3.17 and newer versions).
There's widgets for browsing, Show GUI, In line Plugin browse, Poly mode and many more ! (there's a little + plus sine, to access more tabs and you can resize the STAGE window

keyman

written by: Larryheil

Thu, 7 Jul 2011 20:01:17 +0100 BST

Stage is a big help. Downloaded a "Bolivian flute" sf2 and put that and the synth that comes with Alpha in Sampler 3. Used the bass that comes with Alpha in Sampler 4 and recorded a 4 note loop. Used mixer in Stage to drop volume of percussion (drummer) a lot. Then I played Sampler 3 with that bass loop. Amazing all the sounds I could get from using those keys! One side was a synth, other side a native flute, and I got a more percussive sound if I hit the key sharply on one side. And add bending up and down. It was out of this world! It has taken 3 weeks to get here but worth it.

written by: NothanUmber

Thu, 7 Jul 2011 20:10:54 +0100 BST

Sounds as it sounds cool, happy practicing :)
Hope EigenD 2.0 stabilizes soon so it makes sense to start building a collection of interesting setups to share between Eigenharp users.

Greetings,
NothanUmber

Thu, 7 Jul 2011 21:35:44 +0100 BST

Now that's what the Eigenharp "universe" is all about; pure joy!

And you left some nice bit's out, the Arranger, percussion Keys, strip and breath controllers.... missing some?

Good practicing!

keyman

written by: Larryheil

Fri, 8 Jul 2011 11:48:18 +0100 BST

Yes there is a lot more to learn. Difficult to figure out where to go next :-)
How to add audio units both sound makers and FX units. My Stage only has tabs for Samplers not AUs. I have found a number of free AUs for sound making have to learn how to get them installed and working.

written by: john

Fri, 8 Jul 2011 12:39:19 +0100 BST

Hi Larry

We have a feature in the queue to add the ability to define Stage tabs for AU's so that they can have a degree of control from Stage, but its not that trivial to implement (and quite a few AU's aren't very good at naming the parameters they expose sensibly) and I think it'll be a little while until we get to it.

Each mixer channel has a defined AU FX slot, and the AU hosts can be browsed and the AU changed quite easily, you will need to use the Browser for this, which can be started by the relevant Talker key, which you can find in your Factory Setup key diagrams.

John

Fri, 8 Jul 2011 13:15:36 +0100 BST

As always nice and rich features for the future ! great!

In the meantime there is! AU or VST tabs for STAGE (with 1.3.17 and newer versions).
There's widgets for browsing, Show GUI, In line Plugin browse, Poly mode and many more ! (there's a little + plus sine, to access more tabs and you can resize the STAGE window

keyman

Please log in to join the discussions