Forum rss-feed

Forum

Alpha: Increasing the size of the sweet spot

Most Recent

written by: prstorms

I'm thinking it could relate to Kontakt 4 as well, since canx'ing the pitch bend via Belcanto code did work on the Camel Audio AU. It may be time to abandon the Gofriller, spend more time with my analog cello, and load up Trillian Bass!!

Pat

Wed, 6 Jul 2011 03:34:58 +0100 BST

A benefit and curse of the wonderfully sensitive keys on my Alpha is that it's really easy to hit a note flat/sharp by catching the key on an edge. Sometimes I like that effect... often I do not. Is there a way to increase the "dead zone" in the middle of the key, forcing me to go farther out to the edge of the key to bend the note sharp or flat?

Thanks!
Pat

written by: keyman

Wed, 6 Jul 2011 04:07:19 +0100 BST

Hi, Pat

If playing with the Samplers you can use STAGE widget "Pitch Bend Curve" to alter just what you're describing.

With AU's and MIDI.. well it's the same, but the rotary knob is missing, just look for the appropriate "Scaler" (AU1 scaler 8 - AU2 scaler 9 and so on...) search for "curve" and drop/create a new widget.

If i got some time left I'll put some more STAGE tabs, with this in mind

keyman

Thu, 7 Jul 2011 03:21:24 +0100 BST

Thanks! This will, of course, drive me to the Wiki files to find out how to go about using Stage... time for an upgrade anyway! What's the most stable version of the software (for Mac) that supports Stage?

written by: geert

Thu, 7 Jul 2011 06:50:24 +0100 BST

The latest 1.3 testing release.

Sun, 24 Jul 2011 01:24:44 +0100 BST

Alright, I loaded up the latest version of Eigen D (1.3 series), fired up Stage, pulled over widgets for each of the scalers one at a time (since I don't know which one works AU3) and.... nothing. No effect from manipulating curve or any other widget in the scaler menu. Which scaler impacts AU 3, and how can I use Stage to increase the "dead zone" for the instrument keys?

Thanks,
Pat

Sun, 24 Jul 2011 01:48:35 +0100 BST

More follow up... I abandoned Stage and found an old message referencing changing the curve/pitchbend through an Eigen Browser factory script. I followed the instructions, set the curve and the pitchbend for all scalers to off (and got the green light and "succeeded" confirmation) and then.... NOTHING. It had no impact on the very aggressive pitch bend action of the keys on my alpha using AU 3.

Man, this is frustrating. There's little or no documentation on doing the things that I want to do, and when I do find some guidance, it doesn't work! Watch for an Eigenharp Alpha to appear on an Ebay site near you soon if this doesn't improve.

I have viewed the Stage intro videos on YouTube (didn't address scalers), and read the info in the Wiki... no help there either. If I'm missing something, someone please direct me to the guidance I need to increase the size of the "dead zone" when I manipulate the keys on my Alpha... globally is fine, but any specific guidance on AU 3 would be appreciated as well.

Regards,
Pat

written by: keyman

Sun, 24 Jul 2011 03:45:38 +0100 BST

Hi, Pat
I've mention in my last post
AU1 - scaler 8
AU2 - scaler 9
AU3 - scaler 10
AU4 - scaler 11
Factory_Alpha_1_2_and_3_Scaler_Numbers

Sorry to be a bit harsh; there IS a lot of info just using the search either on the Forum or the WIKI, or is it just in my browser?!?

The widget "Pitch Bend Curve" will do what you want.
eigend-1326-testing/

In this seminar Tweaking_the_sampler_instruments_using_Belcanto there's a mention to the curve

Belcanto:

empty join
scaler 10
curve to 3 set

(Allowable value is 1 to 4)

keyman

written by: geert

Sun, 24 Jul 2011 09:01:49 +0100 BST

Adding a remark to keyman's excellent information, when using AUs, don't forget that the AU itself might have set up a large pitch bend range. I've seen some that went as far as an octave. Even with the pitch bend curve set to largest sweet spot, an octave of range will give you a very difficult time.

Wed, 27 Jul 2011 03:16:01 +0100 BST

I'm thinking it could relate to Kontakt 4 as well, since canx'ing the pitch bend via Belcanto code did work on the Camel Audio AU. It may be time to abandon the Gofriller, spend more time with my analog cello, and load up Trillian Bass!!

Pat

Please log in to join the discussions