Forum rss-feed

Forum

Alpha: config sound output from eigen D

Most Recent

written by: Larryheil

Thanks to all. I now can not only see my Alpha but hear it as well!!
Seems easy and basic to many but this is my first Mac after 28 years working with PCs. Mabey Microsoft has altered my brain?

Sat, 18 Jun 2011 13:06:24 +0100 BST

I have installed soundflower and can get the sound to my internal speakers from videos on Safari. But when I run my Alpha and Eigen D I get no sound (lights work on the Alpha) I can not hear it. How do I config EigenD to output sound to SF so it comes out my int. speakers??

written by: geert

Sat, 18 Jun 2011 13:17:43 +0100 BST

Did you configure Soundflower to map its outputs to your internal soundcard? Soundflower is a virtual audio device that you can use in between an audio application and any other audio device. You however need to setup the right mappings in Soundflower bed that comes with the software. You also need to select the right audio device in EigenD by going to the Window -> Audio Settings menu in EigenD.

On another note though, you're note required to use Soundflower with EigenD, only do so if you have a good reason for it since it introduces additional latency from Soundflower itself.

Hope this helps,

Geert

written by: mikemilton

Sat, 18 Jun 2011 17:46:13 +0100 BST

Just to reinforce what Geert said... In EigenD, open the audio settings window and select core audio and "built in output". If you have another audio IO device you can select it instead.

If you don't see an "audio settings" under "windows", update to a newer version of EigenD and you will

If you are going to use sound flower, then select core audio and soundflower (2ch). You must then start soundflower bed and use it to route the output of soundflower to your internal output.

Sat, 18 Jun 2011 19:29:52 +0100 BST

Thanks to all. I now can not only see my Alpha but hear it as well!!
Seems easy and basic to many but this is my first Mac after 28 years working with PCs. Mabey Microsoft has altered my brain?

Please log in to join the discussions