Forum rss-feed

Forum

Alpha: Version 1.4.1-experimental

Most Recent

written by: john

Thanks for the bug report. There were some substantial changes to the USB system (to enable Windows support for the Alpha and Tau) for the 1.4 series and it sounds like there's a bug in there somewhere, we'll look into it.

John

written by: esperdiv

Wed, 1 Jun 2011 13:27:45 +0100 BST

First, excuse me if this is the wrong forum to post into, I hesitated between this and the Developer forum.

I realize that 1.4.1 is an experimental release, I'd just like to let whoever know my experience with it.

I often load up EigenD, power up my Alpha, and let it sit there for a while, ready in case inspiration hits me.

With 1.3.22, this will not cause any problem. EigenD is fairly stable. However, this has not been true on 1.4.1. Even though I don't touch the Alpha or EigenD, after about 10-20 minutes after it has been started, the Alpha will lose a light or two on the keygroup control and the harp stops responding to keypresses.

I usually have to power off the harp and Force Quit EigenD (I'm on MacOSX 10.6.6).

This does not happen with 1.3.22-testing.

Sorry if this is the wrong forum for such posts.

written by: john

Wed, 1 Jun 2011 15:41:25 +0100 BST

Thanks for the bug report. There were some substantial changes to the USB system (to enable Windows support for the Alpha and Tau) for the 1.4 series and it sounds like there's a bug in there somewhere, we'll look into it.

John

Please log in to join the discussions