Forum rss-feed

Forum

Sounds: State of DAW-Integration

Most Recent

written by: Kiichi

Good day,
it´s been quite a while since I have been here.
Had a lot to do with graduation, moving and getting a job etc., plus I musically branched out a little and forgot about my pico (for months I literally forgot it in a moving box xD).

Now I am back an have some musical ideas in my head and wanted to ask you guys if there are any new developments in conveniently recording the pico (really the pico output) in a Windows 7 64 bit with Cubase 4 environement.

I hope there is something in the updates I missed and if there is, could you explain to me how to use it? I am still rather lost in Cubase itself at times, especially when it comes to changing inputs.

Cheers!

PS: Little off topic: Can I now install the software and the sf2 files on another partition than the one where the OS is installed (as one can with basecally any other software)?
This is still a really big problem for me as I am very restricted in size since I own a SSD.

This and the DAW integration are the two main issues is abandoned my pico in the first place, would be great to see them get worked on so I have a reason to figure possibly remaining bugs out and start sending reports in again.

Thu, 26 May 2011 19:55:25 +0100 BST

Hi,
I have asked about this before, but I would like to hear something about this again, as hopefully things have moved along.

How is the DAW-Integration moving along?

I am a Windows user who has Cubase LE4 and I have several songs that would need an eigenharp, but I can not really record it, which is a shame, as I am itching to get some songs done.
I know there is a possibility to record a whole session (and one or two others), which I will probably need to use it to do some things now that I have the time, but it is just painfull...
Like I just want to record a simple cello line in sync with the other few tracks...

I would really love to see a Eigenlabs sided integration into DAWs.
The current state, to me, just takes away too much of the Eigenharps potential cause it´s just so complicated to record.

I guess things like the Workbench are bigger things on your list right now, which I think is absolutly ok, but I would like to hear an update on this.

Greetings
Ole

written by: Tenebrous

Thu, 26 May 2011 20:50:45 +0100 BST

Well timed post, I think...

I am now very successfully using my Eigenharp Alpha with Cubase 6 on Windows 7.

I am using:
* Windows 7
* The latest Windows version of EigenD, 1.4.1-experimental
* Cubase 6
* LoopBe30 (€16.90) to link EigenD MIDI out to Cubase 6 MIDI in
- I'm not 100% I need this, but I already had it installed so that's what I'm using
- Also, this might also work with the free LoopBe1 but I haven't tried that

Note that I'm actually using the MIDI to control VST instruments within Cubase, so I'm not recording the 'audio' output from EigenD itself.

written by: barnone

Fri, 27 May 2011 01:25:54 +0100 BST

Isn't there a WIndows equivalent of Soundflower for piping audio between apps? That's what I use. Works great.

I think Jack is the Windows/Linux equivalent.

http://www.jackaudio.org

written by: Tenebrous

Fri, 27 May 2011 08:16:20 +0100 BST

One thing to be aware of on Windows though is that only one app can use an ASIO output at a time.

So you need to set Cubase and EigenD to use different outputs otherwise one of them will be silent :)

Since I'm not using the EigenD sound output, I tried to set it to 'None' but it doesn't stick - not sure if this is a bug or not but it's probably not that useful for most people.

Mon, 17 Oct 2011 00:55:27 +0100 BST

Good day,
it´s been quite a while since I have been here.
Had a lot to do with graduation, moving and getting a job etc., plus I musically branched out a little and forgot about my pico (for months I literally forgot it in a moving box xD).

Now I am back an have some musical ideas in my head and wanted to ask you guys if there are any new developments in conveniently recording the pico (really the pico output) in a Windows 7 64 bit with Cubase 4 environement.

I hope there is something in the updates I missed and if there is, could you explain to me how to use it? I am still rather lost in Cubase itself at times, especially when it comes to changing inputs.

Cheers!

PS: Little off topic: Can I now install the software and the sf2 files on another partition than the one where the OS is installed (as one can with basecally any other software)?
This is still a really big problem for me as I am very restricted in size since I own a SSD.

This and the DAW integration are the two main issues is abandoned my pico in the first place, would be great to see them get worked on so I have a reason to figure possibly remaining bugs out and start sending reports in again.

Please log in to join the discussions