Forum rss-feed

Forum

Tau: Indicator light on basestation stays orange (and solution)

Most Recent

written by: ZaPPZion

Hi,

After leaving the Tau in the case for about a month (too busy @ school), I just picked it up again. It didn't work straight away, which worried me a little.
I spend half an hour worrying about my cable being broken because the basestation light was staying orange whatever i did to it, unplugging the Tau, unplugging the basestation from USB etc, it just didn't want to pick up the Tau. Rebooted the PC, rebooted eigenD, nothing helped. I even got my multimeter out to check the pins in the cable, everything was good with the instrument cable.
Then I realized I forgot just 1 thing.... Rebooting the basestation, so I unplugged it, replugged it while having the instrument cable in. It worked!
So as a mental note to myself and to others... If the basestation light stays orange, reboot it with the instrument cable already connected to both the basestation as well as the instrument!

Back to practicing! :)

written by: ZaPPZion

Mon, 23 May 2011 00:12:19 +0100 BST

Hi,

After leaving the Tau in the case for about a month (too busy @ school), I just picked it up again. It didn't work straight away, which worried me a little.
I spend half an hour worrying about my cable being broken because the basestation light was staying orange whatever i did to it, unplugging the Tau, unplugging the basestation from USB etc, it just didn't want to pick up the Tau. Rebooted the PC, rebooted eigenD, nothing helped. I even got my multimeter out to check the pins in the cable, everything was good with the instrument cable.
Then I realized I forgot just 1 thing.... Rebooting the basestation, so I unplugged it, replugged it while having the instrument cable in. It worked!
So as a mental note to myself and to others... If the basestation light stays orange, reboot it with the instrument cable already connected to both the basestation as well as the instrument!

Back to practicing! :)

Please log in to join the discussions