Forum rss-feed

Forum

General Discussion: Setting Scales (but not by kgroup/scaler)

Most Recent

written by: jsn

Please, please, please!

Making it that its accessible via the XMLRPC interface would be wonderful! That way I can write many tools for exploring and configuring the Eigenharp.

Please give us a mechanism where we (programmers) can inspect the current configuration programmatically! (both in EigenCommander and the XMLRPC mechanism)

(Don't you need this for Stage anyway? If I change the scales via the browser the names in the Stage tab are wrong!)

Tue, 3 May 2011 20:22:24 +0100 BST

How do I issue a BelCanto command (either EigenCommander of XMLRPC) to configure the scale that is used by the Scale Control. By "Scale Control" I mean the one accessible from the second mode on the Pico, or the scales in each keygroup on the Tau...you know the one that as standrad has major/minor/etc. already in place.

I know how to do it via the kgroup and scaler (kgroup/scaler x hey scale to Y set), but I want to set (say) the thrid scale to be bebop minor, so that all kgroups using that particular scale use bebop minor. Is that possible, or do I need to do it via kgroups? (i.e. the Scale Control is just a trick of BelCanto scripting? which is the case, I suspect)

written by: jim

Wed, 4 May 2011 10:48:57 +0100 BST

It is a trick of scripting, and its something due to change (for the better!)

But for the time being, you can do this. This is for the Pico, I'll work out the Tau equivalents.

For the first key,

talker 4 hey 5 called 1 cancel
kgroup 1 , talker 4 hey all scale to bebop major when 5 called 1 set

The key numbers down the row are 5,6,7,8,13,14,15,16

Each talker hey has a number of commands on it. the '5 called 1 cancel' gets rid of the actions
labelled '1' on that talker. (The actions that change the scale) The next line replaces those actions.
There are other actions that change the lights that we want to leave alone.

It'll be more involved for the Tau because of the ability to set scales for individual kgroups.

jim

Wed, 4 May 2011 11:07:30 +0100 BST

Thanks, Jim. As I suspected its the talker sending the script to change all the scalers' scale. For my purposes, I think I'll set the scale directly to the kgroup.

Out of interest - is there away of retrieving the current setting for the scale of a particular kgroup without using the EigenBrowser or playing the harp? (i.e. something I can type in EigenCommander to see it? )

written by: jim

Wed, 4 May 2011 11:13:18 +0100 BST

No, at present there's no way. I've been thinking about it though, and I think I can put in a mechanism pretty easily. I'll look at doing it for the next 1.3.

jim

Wed, 4 May 2011 11:16:47 +0100 BST

Please, please, please!

Making it that its accessible via the XMLRPC interface would be wonderful! That way I can write many tools for exploring and configuring the Eigenharp.

Please give us a mechanism where we (programmers) can inspect the current configuration programmatically! (both in EigenCommander and the XMLRPC mechanism)

(Don't you need this for Stage anyway? If I change the scales via the browser the names in the Stage tab are wrong!)

Please log in to join the discussions