Forum rss-feed

Forum

General Discussion: Amplification ..

Most Recent

written by: keyman

Hi, Foveus

Was holding a bit to talk later and coincidence or not, mention HK...
HK as bin my choice (either big P.A., Line arrays or smaller systems)
I have old L.U.C.A.S 1000, A.C.T.O.R and some DART, unfortunately this not something we need to buy everyday or exchange, so what I can say is about robust, powerful amps, and detailed reproduction.

Have check the new ones but only in store... love the whole concept...

keyman

written by: Foveus

Tue, 26 Apr 2011 04:11:31 +0100 BST

What amplification have you found to complement the Eigenharp in a live environment? The in-house Eigenlabs team seems to prefer the Bose L1Model II with ToneMatch engine. This amp/PA, although unconventional, looks pretty interesting and clearly must sound great if they are using it to demo the instrument. But, for those of you who have ventured into the public domain with your Eigenharp, what have you used for amplification and, if you recommend it, why? Does anyone outside of Eigenlabs use the Bose system?

written by: geert

Tue, 26 Apr 2011 05:56:22 +0100 BST

Hi Foveus,

I personally don't like the Bose system at all, I find it sounds mushy and not detailed enough, but it's portable and easy to set up. However, for my own gigs I'm using RCF TT-22A speakers. We have two of them and amplify the whole band through them (two singers, electric guitar, bass, eigenharp, drums). We all play with in-ear monitoring. These speakers sound amazing, they're not really portable but not really heavy either. The only downside is that just two of them lacks some sub-bass. So if your style of music relies on that a lot, an additional sub-woofer would be needed.

HTH,

Geert

written by: Foveus

Sun, 16 Oct 2011 17:02:57 +0100 BST

Does anyone have any experience with the new HK Audio Elements or SoundCaddy PA systems? They look quite nice and seem to be in direct competition with the Bose L1 line array PA's which Eigenlabs seems to enjoy. Has anyone heard these or tried them with an eigenharp?

written by: keyman

Sun, 16 Oct 2011 17:38:23 +0100 BST

Hi, Foveus

Was holding a bit to talk later and coincidence or not, mention HK...
HK as bin my choice (either big P.A., Line arrays or smaller systems)
I have old L.U.C.A.S 1000, A.C.T.O.R and some DART, unfortunately this not something we need to buy everyday or exchange, so what I can say is about robust, powerful amps, and detailed reproduction.

Have check the new ones but only in store... love the whole concept...

keyman

Please log in to join the discussions