Forum rss-feed

Forum

General Discussion: Importing audio files?

Most Recent

written by: bwong

Thank you for directing me to this excellent video Mike! By following Geert's careful and complete instructions I was able to record realtime Csound and Eigenharp to Audacity. I did not expect getting up and running would be this quick and painless.... :)

Wed, 20 Apr 2011 14:09:42 +0100 BST

I am new to the Eigenharp and was wondering if and how I can import an audio track into EigenD and record tracks over it within EigenD using my Pico. I see I can import tracks as Apple Loops, but what if I want to import a longer audio file, say a five minute audio track? Would I still be best using the drummer and Apple Loops, or is there a better way?

written by: mikemilton

Wed, 20 Apr 2011 14:27:59 +0100 BST

Well, I'd use Logic (any DAW will do) and synch with MIDI clock...

You can get the audio from EigenD into your DAW using soundflower if your goal is to record that in other tracks.

If you just want to play along you can use the native recorder and end up with a performance much like a looper... (and you can also record that, if you like)

hth, m

Wed, 20 Apr 2011 15:19:43 +0100 BST

Thanks Mike! I will download Soundflower and start seeing what I can do with it. Currently I compose primarily with Csound/blue, which is not a DAW, but possibly I can use Soundflower with it to get something working. I doubt there are any other Csounders here, but if there are any tips would be greatly appreciated.

written by: mikemilton

Wed, 20 Apr 2011 18:19:31 +0100 BST

Perhaps Geert's post on recording might include some tips for you
Geert's post on Soundflower

Wed, 20 Apr 2011 20:14:27 +0100 BST

Thank you for directing me to this excellent video Mike! By following Geert's careful and complete instructions I was able to record realtime Csound and Eigenharp to Audacity. I did not expect getting up and running would be this quick and painless.... :)

Please log in to join the discussions