Forum rss-feed

Forum

Pico: Applying effects with a Windows OS

Most Recent

written by: keyman

Learning a new Instrument its an extraordinary experience...takes time, pacience etc .As I've said the other day "Between this forum and the Eigen WIKI are most of the info, but let me guide you first to the Tutorials a must!" and then the "Seminars"

forgot to mention Geert Bevin's EigenZone lot' s of info!!

Don't forget STAGE, it "opens up" what inside each setup !! and you can tweak faster you're setups. Fell free to ask when you get stuck in something...

keyman

written by: B3C4553

Sat, 16 Apr 2011 00:42:37 +0100 BST

Since I use a Windows based OS, I do not have access to all the AUs that are present with the Mac OS as shown in tutorial 4. I want to apply effects on the sounds I produce but cannot find a way to do so. I tried to install TAL Noisemaker or Xhipeffects plugins to be controlled by my Pico. I copied de DLL files in the VST plugin folder but EigenD does not recognize them. Am I doing the right thing? Is there another way?
Thanks for your advice.

Sat, 16 Apr 2011 12:29:44 +0100 BST

You can use any VST plug-in (and there are huge amounts of them around )with you're Pico. I myself sometimes forget this easy step so Eigen D recognize the recently install plug-in ( be it an instrument or effect)
- go to "Tools" in the menu and run Plugin Scanner.

hope this help
keyman

Mon, 18 Apr 2011 16:39:36 +0100 BST

Thank you very much Keyman. Your tip was very usefull. I can now use all the VST effects I want. But, in your post you mentionned that you could use VST instruments and it seems I can't get these instruments to work properly. In fact, no sound is produced when I select them, even after I scanned with the Plugin Scanner.
Hoping that the solution is as simple as the one before.
Thanks again.

Mon, 18 Apr 2011 19:22:40 +0100 BST

Glad that help.... aaa... but more detail on VST instruments? no Instrument plug-ins at all?? at least Alchemy should be on Audio Unit 1 (mode key+left most key4) ?!?

did you check you're quick-reference-guide ??

keyman

Tue, 19 Apr 2011 04:59:52 +0100 BST

Once again, I cannot say how much you help me Keyman. You tipped me with Alchemy on Audio Unit 1. I just wasn't loading the VST instruments correctly. Thanks a lot. I appreciate!

Tue, 19 Apr 2011 13:48:15 +0100 BST

Learning a new Instrument its an extraordinary experience...takes time, pacience etc .As I've said the other day "Between this forum and the Eigen WIKI are most of the info, but let me guide you first to the Tutorials a must!" and then the "Seminars"

forgot to mention Geert Bevin's EigenZone lot' s of info!!

Don't forget STAGE, it "opens up" what inside each setup !! and you can tweak faster you're setups. Fell free to ask when you get stuck in something...

keyman

Please log in to join the discussions