Forum

General Discussion: Geert "Wish you where here" setup

Most Recent

written by: lucacers

thanks Geert and happy Easter!

Tue, 12 Apr 2011 12:39:48 +0100 BST

Hello and sorry for my english.
Does somebody know how to set up the alpha to play the "guitar like strings" on the lower percussion keygroup?
He changes chords too using the upper keys.
Many thanks.
Luca

written by: geert

Fri, 15 Apr 2011 07:54:48 +0100 BST

Hi Luca,

I mostly rely on the features of the software instrument that I'm using. Orange Tree Samples Evolution Acoustic Guitar Steel String (EAG) works in a way that you can set up note triggers that individually trigger the six string. So I basically just set the percussion keys to AU3 at the right octave, and configure EAG. The chords at the top also go to AU3 but other octaves, which use the chord detection engine of EAG.

Hope this help,

Geert

Fri, 15 Apr 2011 19:45:15 +0100 BST

Many thanks Geert, then I will wait for EAG.
and many compliments for your work .
I wait for major explaination about note expression in cubase 6 too!!
Luca

Mon, 18 Apr 2011 10:50:04 +0100 BST

Sorry to disturb you. I just bought AEG and I'm trying to set Kontact and eigend to work as you did for wish.... is it possible to have the patches? or some more infos on how to reach a result?
The interface of EAG is a little simple but not easy to manage. ( and buggy too....)
Since you use both lead and rhythm chords on EAG simultaneously, I suppose you use AU3 for both lead and rhythm paches on the same midi channel mapping keys so they don't overlap...
but cannot find a way to set the keys on the percussion keygroup of the alpha. Is it a custom scale?
I don't want to bother you with my questions and if you are not jelaous about your settings and patches maybe seeing them can be much more easy to understand for the future too.
Many thanks
Luca

written by: jsn

Mon, 18 Apr 2011 16:55:05 +0100 BST

Have a look at my blog entry on doing this on a Tau with AAS Strum GS-1. It might help/inspire.

The script should be similar I presume maybe with alternate scale and root to make sure you're getting the right pick/strum keys?

Mon, 18 Apr 2011 19:48:52 +0100 BST

thanks I try

written by: geert

Fri, 22 Apr 2011 16:44:10 +0100 BST

Hi Luca, I use the lead and the rhythm EAG instruments on different keygroups on the Alpha. Greg is working on a new version though that should not require this anymore. I use AU3 and AU4. The percussion keys actually map naturally to the EAG patches, they're at the right octave and chromatic. Here's a link to my strumming Kontakt instrument based on EAG http://www.eigenzone.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Eigenharp-EAG-Strumming.nki_.zip

Hope this helps,

Geert

Sat, 23 Apr 2011 21:57:26 +0100 BST

thanks Geert and happy Easter!

Please log in to join the discussions