Forum rss-feed

Forum

General Discussion: Windows Users

Most Recent

written by: Martin94b

Problem solved!

Thanks to the great Eigenlab support my problem is fixed now.
The device manager error "device cannot be started. Code 10." seems to address an USB bandwith problem. So after unplugging other USB devices (I had a grafic tablet plugged in in parallel) the Pico driver was finally up and running, and the Pico turned on.

So unplugg other USB devices if you are facing the same problem under Win7.

Thanks Dave for your support!

Bye,
Martin

written by: rossman92

Mon, 4 Apr 2011 22:08:30 +0100 BST

I am just asking all Windows users, Does anyone not have any problems with the software?

written by: john

Mon, 4 Apr 2011 22:16:31 +0100 BST

Hi rossman92

Are you having trouble? If you are, could you tell what it is, we might be able to help...

John

Mon, 4 Apr 2011 22:52:12 +0100 BST

Actually I would like your email, because I have a crude video I made with the problem on it

written by: john

Mon, 4 Apr 2011 23:20:38 +0100 BST

Please send that to 'support@eigenlabs.com' and we'll have a look and see if we can help..

Tue, 5 Apr 2011 03:38:09 +0100 BST

thank you very much

Fri, 6 May 2011 21:21:57 +0100 BST

Hi,

having problems to run the Pico on my Win7 64Bit machine at all.
Tried "Stable release" 1.2.14 (stable, yes, but the Pico doesnt work at all. No lights, no nothing. But stable...). Also tried test release 1.3.20. Same thing. Seems to be a problem with the driver ("EigenAlpha.sys"), device manager keeps saying "device cannot be started. Code 10".

Since I donĀ“t have a Mac, my Pico is pretty useless at the moment.

Will Eigenlabs offer a solution?

Regards,
Martin

written by: Kiichi

Sat, 7 May 2011 13:58:20 +0100 BST

Had the same issue a few weeks ago. Try deleting the driver and reinstalling it, worked for me. It must have gotten busted somehow, just had to fix it.

written by: NothanUmber

Sun, 8 May 2011 10:59:05 +0100 BST

Perhaps it has to do with the order whether you plug in the instrument before installing the driver or vice versa. I also had the same problem, reinstalling the driver helped.
Now from time to time (at least once per hour) the driver seems to run into an infinite loop and blocks the whole system (mouse etc.). If you run into this problem unplug and reconnect the usb cable of the Pico then it works again. (Eigenlabs is already informed, let's hope for a fix - this does not happen with the Mac version).

Greetings,
NothanUmber

Thu, 12 May 2011 12:43:41 +0100 BST

Problem solved!

Thanks to the great Eigenlab support my problem is fixed now.
The device manager error "device cannot be started. Code 10." seems to address an USB bandwith problem. So after unplugging other USB devices (I had a grafic tablet plugged in in parallel) the Pico driver was finally up and running, and the Pico turned on.

So unplugg other USB devices if you are facing the same problem under Win7.

Thanks Dave for your support!

Bye,
Martin

Please log in to join the discussions