Forum rss-feed

Forum

Help: Recording Output

Most Recent

written by: Ilovehateoregon

I'm thinking I will just have to record EigenD and my MIDI separately...which is good because then it gives me more editing capabilities. Thanks keyman, MMilton, Gert!

Wed, 30 Mar 2011 08:23:55 +0100 BST

Essentially that is my goal. Running MAC OS, I'm looking to record my output. this way I can record what I'm playing through my MIDI Outputs in addition to what I'm playing through EigenD. suggestions, ideas?

written by: mikemilton

Wed, 30 Mar 2011 13:08:59 +0100 BST

If you are wanting to record the audio, I use Soundflower by cycling74.

You then need to select it as the output in EigenD and the input to whatever DAW you use to record.

This would allow you to record audio tracks containing the EigenD mix at the same time that you record a MIDI track for AUs running in other track(s) in the DAW.

Is that what you want to do??

Thu, 31 Mar 2011 00:29:17 +0100 BST

Essentially yes, thanks. My goal is to be able to record all audio(from Reason and EigenD) onto one file.... I got Soundflower and selected it for my EigenD output but I'm having trouble locating it for my Audio Input in my DAW. I'm running Reason 3...

Thu, 31 Mar 2011 00:33:13 +0100 BST

Thanks! Everything is good(got Soundflower, EigenD output) except I can't locate my Audio Input options(in my DAW). I'm using Reason 3...

written by: 0beron

Thu, 31 Mar 2011 15:53:57 +0100 BST

I read somewhere ( the wiki? ) that there was a belcanto phrase that would cause EigenD to dump all audio from a session into a wav file? I can't remember where I saw this written down. Does this ring any bells with the Eigenlabs developers, or am I imagining this?

written by: keyman

Thu, 31 Mar 2011 17:08:30 +0100 BST

You are right... I do use it alot.

Belcanto basics

To record the master output of the Eigenharp
audio hey
recorder set
When finished say;
audio hey
recorder un set
You can find this recording in User/library/Eigenlabs/ [software version]

keyman

Sat, 2 Apr 2011 02:18:23 +0100 BST

I'm thinking I will just have to record EigenD and my MIDI separately...which is good because then it gives me more editing capabilities. Thanks keyman, MMilton, Gert!

Please log in to join the discussions