Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: Stage for iOS

Most Recent

written by: john

Hi 0beron, do you find that it works if you use a Wifi AP that's not connected to the Internet rather than using the 'Create Network' feature on the Mac? It's quite possible that using that feature is the problem, it would be nice to know if it is..

John

written by: 0beron

Mon, 28 Mar 2011 15:42:07 +0100 BST

Is the iOS app going to be released imminently in the next stable, or will be under development for a while longer? I have a new iPad which I'd like to install Stage on. Is it worth sending in my device ID to be put in the next development release, or will the final version be available soon anyway?

written by: jim

Mon, 28 Mar 2011 15:45:26 +0100 BST

We do have a few more smallish things to do to the App, and the approval process itself might take a while.

So send in your id, and we'll do another build as soon as we can.

written by: 0beron

Fri, 1 Apr 2011 03:26:49 +0100 BST

Another question I have about stage on iPhone, is related to how to connect the iPhone to a host macintosh running EigenD. At home, with both the phone and the MacBook connected to the home wifi, everything works. When I'm away from home at a gig for example, I can run a network from the mac itself, using the airport Create network feature. I can see the network in the list on the iPhone but the iPhone doesn't connect to it because it cannot see a route out to the Internet, and so it sticks to 3G instead. This seems to be a problem with all iPhone remote control applications including touch OSC and the Apple iTunes remote as well as stage. Is there a trick to getting the phone to connect to a network on the MacBook in order to use such applications without an active Internet connection?

written by: geert

Fri, 1 Apr 2011 09:09:47 +0100 BST

Hi 0beron, interesting. I personally don't use 3G on my iPhone and have no trouble at all connecting to local networks that aren't connected to the internet. Maybe try turning off 3G, it's a dedicated switch.

written by: john

Fri, 1 Apr 2011 10:10:47 +0100 BST

Hi 0beron, do you find that it works if you use a Wifi AP that's not connected to the Internet rather than using the 'Create Network' feature on the Mac? It's quite possible that using that feature is the problem, it would be nice to know if it is..

John

Please log in to join the discussions