Forum rss-feed

Forum

General Discussion: Does TAU work in Windows yet?

Most Recent

written by: bl4cksun

NothanUmber... you forgot to mention world peace and the end of povety ;)

written by: benjamind2008

Fri, 11 Mar 2011 23:28:52 +0000 GMT

Just wondering. I'm considering buying the Tau and want to know if the Windows software works as yet?

written by: keyman

Fri, 11 Mar 2011 23:43:52 +0000 GMT

from Eigenharp Facebook page

..."you shouldn't have to wait too much longer. We are working on the Windows support for the Tau. The gating factor is the headphone support which is non trivial."...

keyman

written by: benjamind2008

Sat, 12 Mar 2011 01:02:41 +0000 GMT

Isn't that just a USB audio device? Surely that wouldn't be hard to do.

written by: john

Sat, 12 Mar 2011 07:55:03 +0000 GMT

No, it's not a USB audio device. The clock rates and buffer sizes are not consistent so amongst other things the audio has to be resampled between the host audio susbsystem and the Eigenharp, for both the headphone and microphone. On a mac this is not an issue as we have better control over the buffer size, but Windows is not as nice in this respect and we can end up with a weird buffer size mismatches, which leads to a quite thorny problem. It also requires USB ISO pipes from host to instrument, which are a whole different subsystem to get working, a subsystem which is unforgiving of errors.

It is being worked on though, and some of these issues are already done, so we are getting there. I'd love to give you an ETA, but we've stopped doing that as it usually bites us on the posterior when we do. I think Jim hopes it'll be in the 1.4 series about to start.

John

written by: NothanUmber

Mon, 18 Apr 2011 19:49:52 +0100 BST

Also looking forward to the next seminar where Dave jr. III and Elder Aaron demonstrate us some astonishing ways to create setups for the Tau by using the full potential of native OSC support offered by the 64 bit open source EigenD 3.x Workbench in combination with Cubase 7 OSC edition on Windows 8 :P

Hope Win support for Tau and workbench are progressing well, so we might even get some EigenD releases and seminars in between! :)

Greetings,
NothanUmber

written by: bl4cksun

Tue, 19 Apr 2011 12:01:40 +0100 BST

NothanUmber... you forgot to mention world peace and the end of povety ;)

Please log in to join the discussions