Forum rss-feed

Forum

Alpha: Arranger > MIDI

Most Recent

written by: mikemilton

hmmmm.... Well, I finally got organized to try this out. I can, of course, play the fooger on one keygroup and the voyager on another and that is really interesting but I can't get the commands above to produce MIDI from an arranger.

They are accepted nicely but no MIDI results.

m

Thu, 10 Mar 2011 14:09:50 +0000 GMT

I'm sure I should know this, but: How does one have an arranger send to a MIDI out?

written by: davidk

Thu, 10 Mar 2011 16:21:23 +0000 GMT

Hi Mike,

try this (for alpha):

arranger X listen
clear
midi rig 1 recorder listen
note 1 with velocity X when 1 play
note 2 with velocity X when 2 play
note 3 with velocity X when 3 play
note 4 with velocity X when 4 play
note 5 with velocity X when 5 play
note 6 with velocity X when 6 play
note 7 with velocity X when 7 play

all join

"when 7" refers to course 7, keeping adding courses as needed.

Hope that helps!

Dave

Thu, 10 Mar 2011 17:47:55 +0000 GMT

Thanks.... that will do just fine

Thu, 10 Mar 2011 17:58:11 +0000 GMT

FWIW, I'm experimenting with 'playing' my MIDI Murf instead of using its own 'animation'. Since the velocity isn't relevant, it struck me as an interesting application of the arranger. (the MuRF is an 8 channel filterbank)

It might be interesting to 'arrange' stuff to CV through ther MP201 as well although that might require CCs as well as notes. (gotta RTFM better for the MP)

From the MuRF manual:

"TRIGGERED MODE:

Note On Values 48, 50, 52, 53, 55, 57, 59, 60. These notes allow the C to C major scale (8 white keys) with the highest note as Middle C to correspond to Filters 1-8.

When a Note On message of value 48, 50, 52, 53, 55, 57, 59, or 60 is received on the MIDI Channel that is assigned, the MIDI MuRF pattern clock stops running, and that filter’s EGR is fired.

If a Note On is held until the EGR goes through its complete attack/decay cycle, a new Note On message is required to retrigger the EGR.

An EGR is retriggered from the last point in the EGR cycle if retriggered before the Decay segment reaches the end of its cycle. This is an "8-voice polyphonic" mode – so up to all 8 filters can be fired at once (in the order they are received serially).

Moving the RATE panel control, changing the RATE CV input, receiving CC9, or if Pattern Clock Sync is enabled, receiving MIDI Clock start or continue message followed by clock messages restarts the Pattern Clock.:

Thu, 24 Mar 2011 12:24:28 +0000 GMT

hmmmm.... Well, I finally got organized to try this out. I can, of course, play the fooger on one keygroup and the voyager on another and that is really interesting but I can't get the commands above to produce MIDI from an arranger.

They are accepted nicely but no MIDI results.

m

Please log in to join the discussions