Forum rss-feed

Forum

Help: WHich Belcanto phrase would I type in?

Most Recent

written by: Ilovehateoregon

I'm not having the keygroup tonic select issue mentioned previously. I am still however have the MIDI-Reason Channel issue as previously mentioned.

Tue, 8 Mar 2011 05:24:06 +0000 GMT

I want the key roll/yaw to modify parameters in Reason. I load the sounds I want through the Eigenharps MIDI Output 1 and 2 but I want to modify cutoff/LFO filters and such for my dubstep synths. tx -ilovehateoregon

written by: 0beron

Tue, 8 Mar 2011 09:31:43 +0000 GMT

On the MIDI outputs, the Eigenharp sends the key roll/yaw as MIDI CCs. The roll is sent as pitch bend by default and the yaw is something like CC17 (one of the general purpose ones). To change which CCs get sent (say if you don't want PB and want something else) you can open the MIDI mapping grid for the MIDI outputs 1 and 2 from the EigenD tools menu, and select Midi Converter 1 or 2. You can then click in a cell of the mapping matrix to attach a physical controller to a MIDI CC. Then you'll need to hook it up to reason with MIDI learn (not used reason myself so can't help here).

Thu, 10 Mar 2011 01:20:27 +0000 GMT

I see what your saying. What version of EigenD should I be running? I run 1.1.6 because of bug issues. Unfortunately 1.1.6 doesn't have the MIDI CONVERTER window option, so I want to know what version you run?

written by: john

Thu, 10 Mar 2011 08:42:23 +0000 GMT

Hi

1.1.6 is really old now and the newest versions are generally more reliable, even the versions marked 'Unstable', than the 1.1 series - there were a lot of bugs fixed in the 1.2 series for example. If I were you I'd give the newest 'Testing' release a go, available here and see how you get on. This has the new MIDI routing features that 0beron mentioned amongst a lot of other improvements over the 1.1 series. Installing and trying it will not affect your existing 1.1 install, so you can just drop back to that if you have any problems, every version of EigenD is standalone and does not affect the others. Please let us know how you get on...

John

Thu, 24 Mar 2011 20:59:25 +0000 GMT

I'm having MIDI issues with 1.3.16-testing. I posted a thread here

http://www.eigenlabs.com/forum/threads/id/652/

Thu, 24 Mar 2011 21:03:56 +0000 GMT

I'm not having the keygroup tonic select issue mentioned previously. I am still however have the MIDI-Reason Channel issue as previously mentioned.

Please log in to join the discussions