Forum rss-feed

Forum

Pico: Breath pipe problem

Most Recent

written by: shamharoth

Just to follow up on this, I got in touch with Aaron and two days later a new pipe arrived. I think that the problems I've had with the breath control in the past was all down to a blockage - now that it's been changed the response is completely different and the clarinet model is very playable. Thanks for the quick feedback and the excellent customer support.

Cheers,
Mark.

Sat, 5 Feb 2011 20:04:46 +0000 GMT

I've not really used the breath pipe very much since I've had my pico, since I've never really been able to get a decent response out of it and I've been more interested in the excellent keys. Today though, after watching the last seminar (which was great by the way!) I was inspired to have a play with using it to control Massive filters. However, when I've started trying to use it I've found two problems; first, the sensor outputs appear to be blocked - I've tried following the instructions on the wiki to clear, but stopped at the point where nothing was shifting and I was doing a passable Dizzy Gillespie impression; the other problem is that the aluminium ring that sits on the base of the mouthpiece and connects it to the pipe is loose - if I try to remove the mouthpiece that ring moves instead and I can see what looks like a rubber tube underneath.

Have a I got a duff pipe?

written by: john

Sun, 6 Feb 2011 23:21:15 +0000 GMT

Hi Shamharoth

It certainly sounds like you have a broken breath pipe. Please give Aaron a call (or email) in customer services and we'll swap it out for a new one.

John

Mon, 7 Feb 2011 08:18:39 +0000 GMT

Thanks John. I'll try and give him a call around lunchtime.

Sat, 12 Feb 2011 13:23:38 +0000 GMT

Just to follow up on this, I got in touch with Aaron and two days later a new pipe arrived. I think that the problems I've had with the breath control in the past was all down to a blockage - now that it's been changed the response is completely different and the clarinet model is very playable. Thanks for the quick feedback and the excellent customer support.

Cheers,
Mark.

Please log in to join the discussions