Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: EigenD 1.3.13-unstable

written by: dkah

Ok, solved now.

I have bought a new, thick, high-quality USB cable and now it works.

Thanks Geert and Team for the fast feedback on my report.

dkah said:
Report sent.

Hi Dkah,

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Would you mind sending us a bug report using the 'Report Bug' menu item in EigenD. This will give us additional information that might be useful.

Thanks,

Geert
Eigenlabs Software Team

dkah said:

Does anybody beside me have the problem that the unstable 1.3 line on Mac OS X 10.6 with a Pico hangs itself after a while? Am I really the only one with this problem? The newest release seems to do this, even if I try to use the pico 1 setup and try to load the second Audio Unit. I cannot use the pico 2 setup with 4 AU and 4 MIDI at all, if I try to change the routing matrix in any setup, hang-up seems inevitable. Closed every other program. The light effects on my Eigenharp Pico after a hang-up are sometimes pretty scary. Hope this frequent force quits and hang-ups don't kill the controller.

written by: geert

Sat, 5 Feb 2011 09:52:46 +0000 GMT

Hi everyone,

Yesterday evening we released EigenD 1.3.13-unstable with a number of bug fixes and improvements.
http://www.eigenlabs.com/downloads/releases/state/unstable/

The features of the 1.3 line are now pretty much done and we're planning on working towards getting a 'testing' release out in the not too distant future.

If you're in the mood for testing and still want to suggest minor feature improvements, now is the time!

Thanks for the input,

Geert
Eigenlabs Software Team

written by: mikemilton

Sat, 5 Feb 2011 14:40:56 +0000 GMT

So far, so good.

The issues with stage I'd reported earlier are gone (slowness in moving widgets and in the list of widgets).

The Mic is working well, but it would be nice to have a widget for 'enable' and for the fx sends / enables (of have I just not found them)

It would be really nice to have an external FX loop for each mixer channel (my foogers are on order) but that probably does not count as minor (or perhaps it can already be done in which case it would be a welcome seminar topic)

written by: natcl

Sat, 5 Feb 2011 17:21:26 +0000 GMT

Using this version I can't seem to enable audio units, if I select one the dot is yellow and never turns green... on osx..

Sat, 5 Feb 2011 17:25:27 +0000 GMT

@natcl, which audio unit is this? Which instrument/fx slot? Are you talking about enabled/disabling them or selecting them as a new audio unit through the browser?

Sat, 5 Feb 2011 18:47:20 +0000 GMT

@geert, I tried Alchemy and Pianoteq, I tried selecting them as a new audio unit through the browser

Sat, 5 Feb 2011 18:49:55 +0000 GMT

@natcl, are you using a Pico, Tau or Alpha? Windows or Mac?

Sat, 5 Feb 2011 18:52:25 +0000 GMT

Pico on mac (10.6.6) with the latest EigenD unstable

written by: Tenebrous

Sat, 5 Feb 2011 19:03:49 +0000 GMT

I'm assuming Win+Alpha is now pushed to 1.4+ ?

Sat, 5 Feb 2011 19:26:22 +0000 GMT

@tene, I don't know, I'll check next week
@natcl, do other browser selections work, like choosing another drummer voice or another scale? do you use a factory setup, which one? If not, can you please send me the user setup you're using (geert at eigenlabs dot com)? Thanks!

written by: dhjdhj

Sun, 6 Feb 2011 20:29:29 +0000 GMT

EigenD seems to keep failing the Omnisphere plugin. That plugin passes the tests on all other hosts that I'm using (Logic, MainStage, Digital Performer, Live)

Sun, 6 Feb 2011 21:53:06 +0000 GMT

@dhjdhj, interesting, I've been playing with Omnisphere for several hours this weekend with this release. With failing, what do you mean? Can you send a bug report through EigenD? Thanks.

written by: dhjdhj

Mon, 7 Feb 2011 03:24:04 +0000 GMT

Hmmm, I just discovered that if I pay a little more attention to the RESCAN user interface, Omnisphere passes. What happened was that it failed when I installed EigenD but when I clicked on the Rescan, I did not notice the TINY little radio box associated with the Omnisphere but at the right hand edge of the dialog and so it wasn't rescanning Omnisphere.

Once I did that, it validated just fine. Sorry about that erroneous report.

It still doesn't seem to be possible to disable the default pitchbend so that I can associate pitchbend messages with something other than up-down movement.

Mon, 7 Feb 2011 05:47:12 +0000 GMT

dhjdhj said:
It still doesn't seem to be possible to disable the default pitchbend so that I can associate pitchbend messages with something other than up-down movement.

There's a 'Settings' button at the top of the AU Routing Matrix where you can turn pitchbend sending off. Did you try that?

Thanks,

Geert

Mon, 7 Feb 2011 10:41:05 +0000 GMT

Does anybody beside me have the problem that the unstable 1.3 line on Mac OS X 10.6 with a Pico hangs itself after a while? Am I really the only one with this problem? The newest release seems to do this, even if I try to use the pico 1 setup and try to load the second Audio Unit. I cannot use the pico 2 setup with 4 AU and 4 MIDI at all, if I try to change the routing matrix in any setup, hang-up seems inevitable. Closed every other program. The light effects on my Eigenharp Pico after a hang-up are sometimes pretty scary. Hope this frequent force quits and hang-ups don't kill the controller.

Mon, 7 Feb 2011 10:43:22 +0000 GMT

Hi Dkah,

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Would you mind sending us a bug report using the 'Report Bug' menu item in EigenD. This will give us additional information that might be useful.

Thanks,

Geert
Eigenlabs Software Team

dkah said:

Mon, 7 Feb 2011 11:07:24 +0000 GMT

Report sent.

Hi Dkah,

Thanks,

Geert
Eigenlabs Software Team

dkah said:

Tue, 8 Feb 2011 15:48:34 +0000 GMT

Ok, solved now.

I have bought a new, thick, high-quality USB cable and now it works.

Thanks Geert and Team for the fast feedback on my report.

dkah said:
Report sent.

Hi Dkah,

Thanks,

Geert
Eigenlabs Software Team

dkah said:

Please log in to join the discussions