Forum rss-feed

Forum

General Discussion: Indestructible?

Most Recent

written by: bl4cksun

Hey Ax20, thanks for the exhauxtive testing, saving us all risking our picos... but Im sure eigenlabs would have tested one before release so your testing may have been unnecessary ;)

PS
Did the same thing but onto a wooden floor, luckily no scratches or dints...

written by: ax10

Mon, 17 Jan 2011 19:48:53 +0000 GMT

Thought I'd just let you all know how tough the Pico is (or can be).

Yesterday I caught my foot in the Pico's cable whilst standing up from sitting at the kitchen table and managed to violently yank my Pico from the tabletop onto the solid stone floor, with a loud crash.

I was dismayed that the metal casing was damaged (scratched and burred on one of the top edges, and a small ding further down the body), and so, was somewhat reticent to try and play it, fearing that It would be silent, or would simply make the type of dreadful wailing noise that dying or dead electronics usually make.

However, I was overjoyed to find that it still plays perfectly (at least, it sounds as good as my limited playing ability allows!).

Please note, I wouldn't recommend anyone tries this for themselves, due to the heartstopping moments between when the Pico hits the floor and the subsequent caressing of the keys to find out if it still works; and I'm not sure that either the Alpha or Tau would fair so well!?!

Well done Eigenlabs on making the Pico such a solid piece of kit.

written by: bl4cksun

Tue, 18 Jan 2011 19:35:11 +0000 GMT

Hey Ax20, thanks for the exhauxtive testing, saving us all risking our picos... but Im sure eigenlabs would have tested one before release so your testing may have been unnecessary ;)

PS
Did the same thing but onto a wooden floor, luckily no scratches or dints...

Please log in to join the discussions