Forum rss-feed

Forum

General Discussion: Something inbetween Pico & Tau

Most Recent

written by: mikemilton

That is an interesting idea. I miss having something like the lip sensor on the wx controllers and so would prefer an attitude sensor so that one could bend into or around a note by moving the body off it's 'normal' position. (this would also require the ability to, perhaps optionally, have that movement apply to only the next note sounded)

written by: benjamind2008

Mon, 17 Jan 2011 00:00:19 +0000 GMT

I was hoping that maybe Eigenlabs could make a smaller Eigenharp that is somewhere between the Pico and the Tau.

I'm thinking 12 percussion keys, 48 playing keys and 4 mode keys, with the strip controller on the side.

Or perhaps a Pico with an extra 2 columns and 2 rows of keys (bringing it to 40 keys), and 12 percussion keys on the side?

Tell me your ideas.

Mon, 17 Jan 2011 13:10:42 +0000 GMT

Having an Alpha and a pico (just a player), I'd be interested in what you want to accomplish. Is it a price of entry thing?

Anyway, here are some reactions:

I think that there is a difference between a smaller Tau and a larger Pico because their application differs.

There is likely no great advantage (price or playability) to a smaller Tau.

A slightly less cramped Pico would be nice but should maintain its usage (hold-ability similar to a wind controller).

Honestly, a pico with an extra 8 playing keys would bring it up to the size of other wind controllers and go a long way to lessening the use of octave switches. I'd also move the octave switches to the back; perhaps either side of the thumb hook. I would not add percussion keys.

While we are making a wish list, it would be nice to have some solutions that 'port' ornamentations from monophonic instruments (cuts, strikes, bending into a note, etc) which might be possible withe a second thumb sensor on the back implemented with an agent that applied to (only) the next note played as an articulation switch for example.

m

written by: bl4cksun

Tue, 18 Jan 2011 19:38:10 +0000 GMT

How about a motion sensor so you can alter sounds or octave with a dramatic sweep up or down with the 'pauco'.

Wed, 19 Jan 2011 17:04:31 +0000 GMT

That is an interesting idea. I miss having something like the lip sensor on the wx controllers and so would prefer an attitude sensor so that one could bend into or around a note by moving the body off it's 'normal' position. (this would also require the ability to, perhaps optionally, have that movement apply to only the next note sounded)

Please log in to join the discussions