Forum rss-feed

Forum

Help: Tau - samplers 2 and 4 silent

Most Recent

written by: DaveTheHat

Hi david - no, I wasn't aware that sampler 4 is only available from the percussion keys, but now I am! Thanks for clearing that up

Sat, 8 Jan 2011 13:52:06 +0000 GMT

Via the advanced controls and the browser I can change the soundfonts associated with samplers 1 and 3. However, samplers 2 and 4 remain resolutely silent, even when I've loaded soundfonts. I've discovered the wrinkle about bypassing the Audio FX - as far as I can see I've set up sampler 2 in exactly the same was as sampler 1. Help!

Thx David

written by: keyman

Sat, 8 Jan 2011 14:50:23 +0000 GMT

Hi, David
On the ALPHA, SAMPLER 2 is connected to the Breath pipe... try blowing and playing with the keys...

keyman

Sat, 8 Jan 2011 15:57:36 +0000 GMT

Ah, that would explain it. Thanks! What about sampler 4?

Now to work out how to _disconnect_ samplers from the breath controller.

written by: ZaPPZion

Sat, 8 Jan 2011 23:26:36 +0000 GMT

Yea, I'd be glad to know how to disconnect and connect the breath controller to the samplers and audio units, I tried to work it out by myself, but belcanto isn't really intuitive for me for some reason.

Sun, 9 Jan 2011 00:14:31 +0000 GMT

What about sampler 4?

as mention here Sampler 4 is loaded with 808 SoundFont, so similar to SAMPLER 1. ( as little info I got)
Use STAGE to "see" more parameters (like volume, octave AHDSR etc..)

Please post you're findings about "disconnect_ samplers from the breath controller", if everyone helps....

keyman

Sun, 9 Jan 2011 16:14:30 +0000 GMT

Even with the breath controller I can't get a squeak from sampler 4. No doubt there's a way of disconnecting the BC from the sampler via BelCanto. I've not played about with Stage yet, but that's clearly the next step.

written by: mikemilton

Sun, 9 Jan 2011 18:45:24 +0000 GMT

I'm fairly certain that, whatever your issue is with S4, it isn't a breath issue.

Mon, 10 Jan 2011 03:20:00 +0000 GMT

Are you running Standard Tau setup? and no sound from Sampler 4??

Belcanto is one of the items that makes this instruments so unique and ultimately so configurable and customizable.

Thru STAGE you can "see" what's inside every setup, besides getting the widgets to control parameters... start using it ASAP
Stefan put up new tabs to use (they are for the PICO, would need some adjusting for use with the ALPHA or TAU).

keyman

written by: davidk

Mon, 10 Jan 2011 17:22:10 +0000 GMT

Hi DaveTheHat,

Hmm, I can't think why you wouldn't be getting any sound from Sampler 4. Are you aware that you can only play Sampler 4's sounds from the percussion keys or the arranger? Perhaps you're choosing MIDI out 2 thinking its Sampler 4. If you take a look at page 8 of the Tau Quick Reference Guide you'll see that the key marked 16 on the Keygroup Mode Key Layout diagram is actually MIDI out 2. Its kind of located where you would assume Sampler 4 to be.

Here is a bit of Belcanto to disconnect Sampler 2's volume from breath...

"gain 3 volume input un connect"

"gain 3 hey"

"volume to 1 set"

And just in case - here is how to reconnect it...

"ranger agent 2 output to gain 3 volume input connect"

That script should work for Alpha as well as Tau.

Cheers,

Dave

Mon, 10 Jan 2011 17:33:22 +0000 GMT

@davidk
Once again you make it sound sooo simple...!
(thanks for this one...breath controller re /connect;)

keyman

Tue, 11 Jan 2011 23:01:21 +0000 GMT

Hi david - no, I wasn't aware that sampler 4 is only available from the percussion keys, but now I am! Thanks for clearing that up

Please log in to join the discussions