Forum rss-feed

Forum

Pico: Pico's Midi not working with Live

Most Recent

written by: sdh2125

is there any news about this issue? I'm having the same problem. I do have Max for Live but am just getting started with it, so could you elaborate on the patch you created? how do I specify NoteIn to receive from the Pico?

written by: Toaster

Fri, 31 Dec 2010 19:35:41 +0000 GMT

I've tried multiple times to get Pico's midi to work with live, futzing with various settings, each time with the same result. When I press a key on the pico, the 'track in' light in live blinks, but it does not show up on a midi track (no sound, no lights, etc). All of the 'track' stuff is enabled for MIDI input. Has anyone run across this issue?

written by: john

Sat, 1 Jan 2011 11:55:49 +0000 GMT

Hi Toaster

Are you on Windows 7 or MacOS, and could you tell me which versions of EigenD and Ableton you are running?

John

written by: Toaster

Sat, 1 Jan 2011 17:48:35 +0000 GMT

Mac OSX, 10.6.4, Ableton 8.2.1, EigenD 1.2.12.

written by: dhjdhj

Sat, 1 Jan 2011 18:27:33 +0000 GMT

I have just installed the latest unstable version and my Alpha no longer works with Live either. I can see that Live is receiving MIDI but I can't get anything to actually sound. MIDI Monitor shows that MIDI data is coming in and I am still able to work fine with both Max and MainStage

written by: dhjdhj

Sat, 1 Jan 2011 19:04:34 +0000 GMT

For what it's worth, I created a very quick Max patch where I just patched NoteIn to NoteOut and then I arranged for NoteIn to receive from Eigenharp and then the Live track was reconfigured to receive from "Max" and that works fine.

So there's something wrong with routing the Eigenharp directly into Live (I'm running latest version of Live)

written by: sdh2125

Mon, 9 May 2011 00:46:15 +0100 BST

is there any news about this issue? I'm having the same problem. I do have Max for Live but am just getting started with it, so could you elaborate on the patch you created? how do I specify NoteIn to receive from the Pico?

Please log in to join the discussions