Forum rss-feed

Forum

Help: No "Logo" on the top of the Computer Meter and -> no EigenBrowser

written by: Nic0

yeeeh i got it work :)) thank you

Thu, 30 Dec 2010 15:18:00 +0000 GMT

Hello,
i got my eigenharp today, and i can already play a bit ;)
the problem is, if i want to change some drum loops, i have to go to the small icon at the top of the mac.. but i cant, because there is no icon, the only way to open it.

Can someone help me to install the EigenD icon?

written by: john

Thu, 30 Dec 2010 15:48:05 +0000 GMT

Hi Nico

You will already have installed all you need to browse and change drum loops on the drummer voices if you are already playing sounds. There is a tutorial video available here that leads you through the process of changing drum loops, which is controlled from the instrument itself. That is the third video in the series, I do recommend that you watch the first two before you get to that if you can.

I hope that helps.

John

Thu, 30 Dec 2010 17:09:22 +0000 GMT

i watched already every tutorial ;)
i mean, there is nothing on the top of my desktop that i could click on, no performance meter, really nothing.

written by: keyman

Thu, 30 Dec 2010 18:45:17 +0000 GMT

Have you installed the latest stable release? (go here)

shortcuts for EigenD
Performance meter : command+x
EigenBrowser : command+b
EigenCommander command+c

keyman

written by: john

Thu, 30 Dec 2010 18:53:26 +0000 GMT

Hi

Great that you watched the tutorials.

You should be able to easily switch to EigenD in the normal ways on a Mac, if it's running, I usually use cmd+tab to cycle through the applications I have running, but you should also be able to click on the EigenD icon in the toolbar to raise the application window and have the available menus at the top of your screen where they usually are. If you don't have an EigenD icon on your dock you can also just drag one there from the Applications folder, where EigenD is installed. As well as the EigenD application that you'll see in the applications folder there is also an 'Eigenlabs' folder - this is where you will find all versions of EigenD that you have installed, if you should ever want to run an older version.

The performance meter does not show by default by the way, you have to select it in the 'Window' menu first.

If you find that you cannot switch to EigenD in the normal ways then something very weird is going on, especially if its running already and you can play - we'll need to look into this next week when the dev team are back from holiday if that's the case. Please be aware that it's possible to not have any windows open at all (if for example you closed the 'load' window) so when you switch to eigenD as the focused app you might just see the top toolbar change and there might not be any window to pop up - if you are used to using expose to switch focused app this might be confusing. You can still open new windows using the menus without trouble.

I hope that helps.

John

Thu, 30 Dec 2010 21:24:17 +0000 GMT

thanks for answering, but i tried all you said but theres nothing on the top of the screen that looks like eigend. i just want to change some instruments, when i open the eigend software in the bar at the bottom, i just can choose and reset setups, nothing more.

i have the new version now; i open it and the only thing i can do is load my default setup.. no shortcuts possible, nothing at the top of the screen, although ive closen every window
nico

Thu, 30 Dec 2010 21:30:50 +0000 GMT

yeeeh i got it work :)) thank you

Thu, 30 Dec 2010 21:59:15 +0000 GMT

ok, the icons are just shown on the top when the software is the "first" window.
anyway, it works. thanks

written by: 0beron

Fri, 31 Dec 2010 00:19:06 +0000 GMT

The video tutorials all refer to the old 1.0.x series of EigenD where it was all inside a menu in the line of icons next to the clock. The newer versions have everything in conventional menus on the left hand side that show when the eigenD window is focussed, I think you've discovered this already.

The video tutorials are in urgent need of an update I think !

Please log in to join the discussions