Forum rss-feed

Forum

Help: Not Turning on.

Most Recent

written by: Flebo

I am using a laptop, I bought one just to play the pico. Windows 8, and all the GB that it would need. At the beginning it didn´t work 100% the sound broke up and I thought it was the USB cable, but I changed it and though eventually it lasts longer without the sound being interfered, but now it went back to that point. Like if there are more than 2 sounds being played the sound distorts like being interfered. I don´t know if it means that it can´t take that much power, or it doesn´t get that much power, or what.

written by: allisonbarron

Wed, 29 Dec 2010 04:29:30 +0000 GMT

Ive installed all the software. Running on a Windows 7 Machine..

When I start EigenD, set up begins everything loads flawlessly, it completely loads with "no error messages". Yet nothing happens, the keys do not light up, no sounds produced from pressing keys. It is as if windows does not recognize the device.

I checked back on here for drivers and installed them no problem.... I rebooted the computer started up EigenD waited for the load out and still no sounds and the keys do not light up.

Im not sure if windows is supposed to recognize the device. Before I installed the drivers it appeared as unknown device. After installing the drivers it still shows up unknown. Ive basically been staring at the choose a setup screen, hoplessly pressing load, crossing my fingers and praying that maybe this time something will happen. If there is something I am missing or anyone that can help me find a solution? I would greatly appreciate it.

* This is for an Eigenharp PICO

written by: john

Thu, 30 Dec 2010 16:04:27 +0000 GMT

Hi Allison

I'm sorry to hear that you have this problem.

If your keys are not lighting then it is possible that Windows is not recognising the Pico for some reason. We do install a specific driver on Windows 7 as unlike MacOS, Windows needs one. We did have a problem earlier this year with a small batch of Pico's (half a dozen made in early 2010) which were shipped without the device vendor ID written correctly into the onboard flash memory, and this sounds as if it might just be one of those (we now have an outgoing quality check to make sure this is correctly set but some held in stock at retailers may still have this problem). We changed EigenD to automatically correct this in mid 2009 but I'm not sure if this fix is still in there (it was a temporary thing just to fix that small batch and we thought we'd updated them all so it may have been removed since then).

Could you please let me know where and when you bought your Pico as this will help us to identify whether or not this is the problem? And could you tell me which version of EigenD (you can check this under File/About eigeD) you are running?

Best regards

John

written by: Martin94b

Fri, 6 May 2011 21:14:56 +0100 BST

Hi,

I have the exact same problem on my Win7 64Bit machine.
Installation run without any error, but plugging the Pico to the USB port doesn´t have any effect. No lights turned on, no SW started. Just tells me that the driver installation failed. Looked it up in the system menu, and yes, the Eigenharp pico is not ready for use. Error states "device cannot be started. Code 10". Driver name is "EigenAlpha.sys", which I found strange since I have a Pico?! Tried everything I could imagine: reinstalled driver, used an USB port without hub (even internal hubs might cause problems as I experienced already). Even installed latest test version SW 1.3.20. Tried driver 1.0.0 insread of 1.0.2. Nothing worked. It´s really frustrating! Plug and play is what I expect from an instrument like that, but that seems to be a long way for Eigenlabs to go...

Can´t use the Eigenharp at all now, since I don´t have Mac and dont want to buy a MacBook just for the Pico....

Any solutions, Eigenlabs?

Regards,

Martin

written by: Martin94b

Thu, 12 May 2011 12:42:21 +0100 BST

Problem solved!

Thanks to the great Eigenlab support my problem is fixed now.
The device manager error "device cannot be started. Code 10." seems to address an USB bandwith problem. So after unplugging other USB devices (I had a grafic tablet plugged in in parallel) the Pico driver was finally up and running, and the Pico turned on.

So unplugg other USB devices if you are facing the same problem under Win7.

Thanks Dave for your support!

Bye,
Martin

Thu, 8 Nov 2012 23:54:10 +0000 GMT

What about if it does turn on, but no sound can be heard but the pre-installed beat?

Fri, 9 Nov 2012 07:38:57 +0000 GMT

So I was able to install the software on Windows Vista rather than Windows 7 which didn't even allowed me to run the installations. Anyways, I have been having problems all day getting the pico to play. Either it turns off by itself all of a sudden, or the lights start blinking like crazy and at that point I can't do anything about it. Is it a bug, is it the USB port? (I disconnected everything, I only have the Pico on the USB port) I tried different ports, and after a bit, it happends again. Any advice?

written by: john

Fri, 9 Nov 2012 08:21:59 +0000 GMT

Hi Flebo

Window's Vista is not a supported operating system, you do need Window's 7. We have heard that EigenD runs OK on Vista, but it's never been tested (we don't even have a a machine running Vista here) so your milage may vary. If you've had problems installing on 7 then this is a separate issue that we could help you with - there shouldn't be any problems with that. Which version are you running?

John

Thu, 14 Nov 2013 08:15:38 +0000 GMT

So, It's been a Year since I got the pico, I love it but I bought a new computer that had windows 8, just because of that problem I was having with Vista not supporting Eigen D. The Pico keeps on having the same problem. The first time I plug it to the USB, after pressing a couple of keys, the pico turns off by itself. I have to unplug the usb cable or re-load the user on the pico. Also sometimes when I play more than one sounds or instruments at the same time, the sound starts breaking in, and eventually it just turns off by itself. Like if it couldn't take playing that many keys at the same time, less by two chosen instruments. I don't get it. This is supposed to be "A great feature" about the Eigenharp instruments, that you can play many keys and instruments at the same time, and I can't do about two, before it just turns on me. I thought it was the USB cable but no, I have a different one, and same problem keeps on happening after a year. I haven't been playing that much because this just becomes a pain in the ass, and instead of playing, I spend more time trying to figure out what the problem is.
Any suggestions?

written by: TheTechnobear

Thu, 14 Nov 2013 08:32:35 +0000 GMT

I don't run on windows, so I'm sure someone else will help more but...

Have you got latest USB drivers ? ( I thought new ones for Windows were released a month back or so)
Trying disconnecting other USB devices especially USB 1.x ones.
Don't run on a hub, and if you do make sure on other devices and that it's a powered hub?
Ensure that energy saving mode for USB is off (important!!)
What version if eigenD are you running?

I'm sure I've seen various threads on here about setting up on windows, so may they also can throw something up.

I use the pico on a mac, and never hs any issues and others use it regularly on windows, so I'm sure it's just a setup thing and as you say better to just sort it out so you can get on playing it!

written by: stuwyatt

Tue, 17 Dec 2013 11:39:37 +0000 GMT

Are you using a laptop at all? The reason why I'm asking is that a similar thing once happened to me with a USB soundcard and a PC laptop. While the laptop had 4 physical USB ports, the motherboard only had 2 USB outputs, each wired to 2 physical connections.

While I thought that I was using a dedicated USB port for the interface, the USB channel was being overloaded due to another device sharing the same connection.

Wed, 18 Dec 2013 20:02:15 +0000 GMT

I am using a laptop, I bought one just to play the pico. Windows 8, and all the GB that it would need. At the beginning it didn´t work 100% the sound broke up and I thought it was the USB cable, but I changed it and though eventually it lasts longer without the sound being interfered, but now it went back to that point. Like if there are more than 2 sounds being played the sound distorts like being interfered. I don´t know if it means that it can´t take that much power, or it doesn´t get that much power, or what.

Please log in to join the discussions