Forum rss-feed

Forum

Alpha: Can't fire up my alpha

Most Recent

written by: 0beron

Are you loading a user setup or starting from an Alpha factory setup? I've had a few cases where a move to new version means my setups won't load and the alpha behaves as you describe with the green light of death. Trying a factory setup from a fresh instance of eigend gets it working every time. I think it might be because i'm loading setups created in an unstable branch.

written by: esperdiv

Fri, 24 Dec 2010 03:39:13 +0000 GMT

I've just updated to the latest release 1.2.12 and hadn't played my Alpha for a while.

Today, it just won't start at all.

The bottom left key (when looking at the alpha from the front) flashes green, but nothing else happens.

What am I doing wrong?

written by: geert

Fri, 24 Dec 2010 06:56:07 +0000 GMT

Hi esperdiv,

The first steps would be to double check that all the wiring is correct. Did you plug the Eigenharp cable into the instrument slot on the basestation and not the extension slot? Is the USB cable connected to both the basestation and your computer? Are all connections a tight fit? Finally, I've had the housing of connectors on the instrument cable slightly unscrew once, causing the pins to not come out enough, you might want to check if that's not the case and if it is you can fix it by simply turning the housing until it's fully screwed back.

Hope this helps,

Geert
Eigenlabs Software Team

written by: 0beron

Fri, 24 Dec 2010 10:36:48 +0000 GMT

Are you loading a user setup or starting from an Alpha factory setup? I've had a few cases where a move to new version means my setups won't load and the alpha behaves as you describe with the green light of death. Trying a factory setup from a fresh instance of eigend gets it working every time. I think it might be because i'm loading setups created in an unstable branch.

Please log in to join the discussions