Forum rss-feed

Forum

Help: Tau default key layout

Most Recent

written by: 0beron

Hi jtsans, and welcome.

I don't have a tau myself, but I think the default layout is much the same as the Alpha. The keyboard is all used for playing keys, and the little round switches are used to access the other options. The top left hand key is a 'C', and the keys below it follow a major scale, Cdefgabc etc.

In the next column the notes start from the fifth note, G, and are again a c major scale gabcdefg..., so you can play a major scale using your four fingers, four notes at a time moving across the columns. Another useful mode to play in is chromatic mode, where the scale includes all the the notes on a piano/ guitar, and you can play chromatic scales with the same four finger pattern.

Really though, if none of the default settings are what you want, you can set it up any way you like, and the folks here on the forum can give you hand getting the layout you want.

written by: jtsans

Wed, 22 Dec 2010 14:58:43 +0000 GMT

Is there somewhere that details the default key layout for the Tau?

written by: 0beron

Thu, 23 Dec 2010 15:47:05 +0000 GMT

Hi jtsans, and welcome.

I don't have a tau myself, but I think the default layout is much the same as the Alpha. The keyboard is all used for playing keys, and the little round switches are used to access the other options. The top left hand key is a 'C', and the keys below it follow a major scale, Cdefgabc etc.

In the next column the notes start from the fifth note, G, and are again a c major scale gabcdefg..., so you can play a major scale using your four fingers, four notes at a time moving across the columns. Another useful mode to play in is chromatic mode, where the scale includes all the the notes on a piano/ guitar, and you can play chromatic scales with the same four finger pattern.

Really though, if none of the default settings are what you want, you can set it up any way you like, and the folks here on the forum can give you hand getting the layout you want.

Please log in to join the discussions