Forum rss-feed

Forum

Alpha: information about new light keys on my alpha

Most Recent

written by: keyman

@jeanphy and @0beron
Those STAGE tabs appeared like magic with the new 1.3.7 PICO setup 1 only, with it there is also a new PICO setup 2 (with 4 VST/AU and 4 MIDI out)
So, they are not mine in anyway (of course).

They are truly a gift in it self ! (someone call it a Christmas gift, please!)
Lucky PICO player's / STAGE user's out there...

What I said yesterday (and by now John explain it even better) I'm using a similar layout and config it for the ALPHA from scratch, only a few settings are equal between ALPHA, TAU and PICO.

keyman

written by: jeanphy

Sun, 19 Dec 2010 15:45:03 +0000 GMT

Hi Everybody.
My quick reference guide talks about a software version 1.0.10. Today with the new versions of the soft we have a lot of new lights on new keys. Could I have more information about some of them and how to use them :

- In Recorder Controls : there is a red light in key 109.
- In Advanced Midi out 1 & 2 : they are 4 new lights (keys 19, 41, 42 and 43).
- When I switch the Scales Controls (key 4), I've got a Scales Controls page with 8 orange keys (keys 85, 86, 87, 88, 107, 108, 109 et 110).
- In Pedals Controls : they are 4 orange lights (keys 19, 20, 41 et 42).

Thank you and Merry Christmas

written by: mikemilton

Sun, 19 Dec 2010 16:32:03 +0000 GMT

The recorder key is probably the overdub feature:

From the release notes for 1.2.12:

"Added support for overdub mode in the EigenD recorders.

An additional 'overdub' toggle key is now present on the Alpha and Tau setups on the Recorder Controls, underneath the 'cancel all' key. Due to space restrictions, in the Pico setup this key is located at the bottom of the left row in the Midi Out Control.

When the 'overdub' toggle is enabled and lit green, additional recordings for the same instrument will not replace the previous ones but instead create additional takes that play simultaneously. Additionally, the 'unplay' key erases only the last take, allowing for layered loops to be built up and tore down with a single instrument while playing live."

neat feature

m

Sun, 19 Dec 2010 17:04:07 +0000 GMT

@jeanphy

You better open Eigenbrowser and EigenCommander and click on those keys, to see what happens... ( the keys give feedback)

For more info I'm glad to help out..

Keyman

Mon, 20 Dec 2010 01:28:29 +0000 GMT

Thanks you.....but.......
-Mike you are right is the "overdub"....when I click on it, I've got a Belcanto message about "overdub".
-Keyman you are right too, I find the informations about Pedal controls in the Belcanto....
but I don't understand the message when I press the keys in Scales controls and in Advanced Midi out 1 & 2.

Jean-Phy

Mon, 20 Dec 2010 02:27:58 +0000 GMT

Sorry if I was a bit harsh...
More info about the volume pedals control - Volume pedal

"I've got a Scales Controls page with 8 orange keys (keys 85, 86, 87, 88, 107, 108, 109 et 110). "

As I've started with a PICO, I know they are used to set the scales.
Those keys are slots for choosing the scales.
I think it's some how missing from the ALPHA reference guide
Check the PICO quick reference - page 4
From the - Pico Factory-Setup manual-
(The LEDs of the keys that browse the scales for each key are lit amber, with the current selection lit green.)

keyman

Mon, 20 Dec 2010 04:30:34 +0000 GMT

@jeanphy
Advanced Midi out 1
Open EigenBrowser to check...(and select) look at the left bottom for feedback from the keys

Key 19 - Browsing MIDI output port

Key 41 - Browsing MIDI input port

Key 42 - MIDI clock enable/disable ( send MIDI clock timing from Eigen D)
( you can check/see it's state by choosing
Advanced Controls - key 1 - Drummer

Key 43 - MIDI clock latency with roll ( you can check/see it's value by choosing Advanced Controls - key 1 - Drummer

Advanced Midi out 2

Key 19 - Browsing MIDI output port

power off for the day
keyman

written by: john

Mon, 20 Dec 2010 09:47:14 +0000 GMT

Thanks for all the comments, we'll be updating the User Guide in light of them after the holidays.

John

Mon, 20 Dec 2010 12:01:14 +0000 GMT

Thank you Keyman, you are the keymaster

Mon, 20 Dec 2010 17:56:22 +0000 GMT

@jeanphy
I hope you are enjoying as much as I am the ALPHA...
I needed a change as musician, and by now I'm like 101% dedicated to the ALPHA and EigenD (leave 1% for the PICO, so he doesn't get too angry with me)

I think for those who can help out, it's the least, so we can get new features and functions, from the Belcanto guru's and Eigenlabs programmers.

Let's see if Eigenlabs Santa could give as the IOS app around Christmas !!!

keyman

Mon, 20 Dec 2010 22:23:45 +0000 GMT

Enjoy !!!??? it's not exactly the word !!!! I sleep in my Hiscox case with my leather strap around the body !!!!! I've got the Quick reference print in my cheek !!!!
...and I hope Santa will give me a DPA Microphone !!!
By the way, you are right the Alpha is a new dimension. I am gonna use it on stage in February.......I am so existing !!!

Jean-Phy

Mon, 20 Dec 2010 23:26:20 +0000 GMT

What a spirit !!! I sort of did that two month ago, now I just stay up very late and some days go to beed with the sun rise !

Just let me know any doubt... I'll try my best to hep out ( if I can).

I'm relaxing a bit changing the PICO setting of STAGE (1.3.7) to use with the ALPHA...

STAGE it's a fantastic companinon to the harp's!!
pic 1 - Main
pic 2 - Mixer
pic 3 - Sampler 1
pic 4 - Clarinet
pic 5 - Cello

repeat 2...Let's see if Eigenlabs Santa could give as the IOS app around Christmas !!!

keyman

Tue, 21 Dec 2010 00:11:48 +0000 GMT

Cool...
in your "pic 2 - Mixer", a line of faders for the headphone would be interesting, I think.

Jean-phy

Tue, 21 Dec 2010 08:42:03 +0000 GMT

Ah, sorry Keyman, pretty much everyone in the dev team is now on holiday. The prospect of the IOS Stage beta test kicking off before they get back is smaller than slim I'm afraid. First couple of weeks of the New Year though should see some progress, Aaron has now collected all the device ID's from interested participants.

Have a great Christmas.

John

written by: 0beron

Tue, 21 Dec 2010 10:13:46 +0000 GMT

@keyman, happens to me too, the number of times that 3am has come around and I'm still playing the Alpha..!

Are the tabs in stage (or at least a whole stage setup) separable from the main Alpha setup? Say I have a slightly modified Alpha 3 setup with some AUs plugged in and some controller assignments set up, could I add keyman's nice Stage tabs to my setup somehow, or would I have to either get his set up and add my AUs by hand, or make my own stage tabs by hand?

Tue, 21 Dec 2010 10:30:42 +0000 GMT

Hi 0beron

At the moment one can import any tab created by someone else. When stage is run (or a new tab imported) it tries to connect the widgets to the named port in the named agent, the names being the Belcanto names of the ports and agents. So if you have a widget connected to the pan port in channel one of the console mixer 1 in a setup for a Pico and import that to an Alpha setup with a 'console mixer 1', a channel 1 in there and a pan control in that channel, it should seamlessly connect to that. There is a new function in Stage that allows one to make widget connections the other way (from a disconnected widget back to the Agent/Port browser) but I don't know how to get this to work yet, its experimental and I don't think it'll get formally released into 1.3 Unstable now until the New Year. Until that is released you won't be able to fix unconnected widgets in an imported tab, you just have to delete them and recreate them for now.

All this stuff is in some flux at the moment as we're just discovering how to use Stage at about the same rate you are and it is driving software development fairly hard - every time Dave and I build or use some tabs we come up with new 'nice to haves' and an element of triage is needed now as we'd like to move 1.3 into formal Testing shortly. At the moment we don't plan that many new things in Stage before that point, just the ability to set parameter increments (which is done but not yet publicly released, I'm running a version that does that now), disconnected widget reconnection and maybe the ability to connect the lights on widgets up, to get Talker feedback working, though this is a definite 'maybe'. Those things and a full set of tabs for all the factory setups and we'll be done with 1.3 I think.

John

Tue, 21 Dec 2010 18:34:21 +0000 GMT

@John
As always, thanks for you're wise words, and you're "omnipresence" around the forum...priceless!!!

I'm sure you understand I was just kidding, and the spirit of Christmas should be everyday (or when a Man wants) so... in time.

Wish you and you're close ones a Merry Christmas!!
Feliz Natal - in Portuguese...

Keyman

Wed, 22 Dec 2010 00:35:35 +0000 GMT

@jeanphy and @0beron
Those STAGE tabs appeared like magic with the new 1.3.7 PICO setup 1 only, with it there is also a new PICO setup 2 (with 4 VST/AU and 4 MIDI out)
So, they are not mine in anyway (of course).

They are truly a gift in it self ! (someone call it a Christmas gift, please!)
Lucky PICO player's / STAGE user's out there...

What I said yesterday (and by now John explain it even better) I'm using a similar layout and config it for the ALPHA from scratch, only a few settings are equal between ALPHA, TAU and PICO.

keyman

Please log in to join the discussions