Forum rss-feed

Forum

Alpha: Alpha 3 factory setup

Most Recent

written by: keyman

The ability of using Pedals was one ( of many) factors of "taking the ALPHA Train", definitely something not to be overlook (comes to my mind the Air Studios Eigenharp ALPHA Demo)

written by: mikemilton

Fri, 17 Dec 2010 14:47:44 +0000 GMT

Somewhere there is an earlier post about this but I can not find it.

There seems to be a problem with alpha 3 sustaining notes in sampler 3. At least one other kind soul mentioned the same issue and offered up some belcanto. However, it did not work in my case.

I've been hoping that each new upgrade would solve this but have managed to get to the point where most of my setups don't seem to work (they have a long series of upgrade notes) and I think it would make sense to just start over.

So, my questions:
- how does one get a functioning set of factory setups and load them into the current release (testing, unstable or whatever)?
- how does one clean out ones user setups if delete fails to work (mine just keep coming back when I restart eigend)
- is the sustain problem a known issue?

Thanks,m

Sat, 18 Dec 2010 19:04:35 +0000 GMT

Hi, Mike

The "other kind soul" it was me...
We are not getting new setups as John mention several times ( take a look here info

As for the sustaining notes, please try again (below), it works for me
in 1.2.12 and the latest 1.3.7
Just start a new setup 3 and open the Eigencommander

empty join
plumber hey
sampler 3 left ahdsr release input un connect
sampler 3 left ahdsr hey
release to 0 set

plumber hey
sampler 3 right ahdsr release input un connect
sampler 3 right ahdsr hey
release to 0 set

Load the *.sf2 (don't forget there's two, one for each direction of the yaw) and try...

keyman

written by: john

Sat, 18 Dec 2010 19:36:11 +0000 GMT

Having previously said that I cracked last week and got Dave to make a new factory setup for the Pico, 'Factory 2'. It's in the new 1.3 Unstable that went out on Thursday and has 4 AU slots and 4 MIDI outs only. Along with the new MIDI and AU routing and control panels (also in that release) you should be able to do pretty much anything you want with MIDI and AU/VST instruments, its quite comprehensive. Geert also put the key number as a MIDI signal) in the routing matrix so you can play with third party software like Max to your hearts content.

Have fun, and let me know how you get on with it...

John

Sat, 18 Dec 2010 21:42:26 +0000 GMT

@keyman - well, i'll try this again. Thanks for repeating.

@john - the matrix is great, unbelievably complete, and very well documented, thanks.

As an aside, i'm not looking for a new setup, just trying to use the A3 that has been about forever but somehow fell and can't get up. hehehe

happy holidays, m

Sun, 19 Dec 2010 14:11:12 +0000 GMT

Well, I tried this again.

@keyman - thanks for your effort. The commands you suggest are quite clear and they work in the sense that they are accepted. They just don't fix whatever my problem is.

When I load samples into sampler 3 and play them whatever notes are played sustain forever. Indeed, they sustain even if I subsequently load Alpha 2. The only way to get them to shut up is to exit EigenD.

So, I guess the issue (at least in my case) isn't with the release setting.

Again, thanks for your help.

So, I'm back to my original request for help (which may not have been well articulated).

How do I get a working version of the present/original Alpha factory 3 setup?

m

Sun, 19 Dec 2010 16:35:35 +0000 GMT

@John Loose ends (or errors) happens, and it shouldn't be the end user to look uncomfortably ("donĀ“t shoot the messenger")

I have this small one haunting me since day one ( since I use the piano for study).... on the Black Grand Medium.sf2 there's a sample velocity layer error, above G5 with a velocity of above 115, you get a sample one octave higher...curious!

About the new PICO setup and the theme os the last seminar... I'm sure it's broadly welcome to everyone!

Sun, 19 Dec 2010 16:56:04 +0000 GMT

@Mike
You're ALPHA setup 3 is definitely like a "stone in the shoe"

in the meantime I guess it's also related with the damper pedal, the signal seems inverted. Do you have a sustain pedal connected? is it configured?

Keyman

Sun, 19 Dec 2010 17:13:56 +0000 GMT

@keyman - yes, it is really just an annoyance. One can surely use one of the other setups. I do not have a sustain pedal plugged in but that is an interesting avenue to look at and a thing I've been intending to get to anyway. It is surely the next obvious thing (well, not you suggested it anyway). I'll report back

@john - I never let a pebble in my shoe spoil a great journey. Thanks again for the investment, thought, time and persistence that lets us tag along. The sights and sounds are great!

m

Sun, 19 Dec 2010 19:15:31 +0000 GMT

Ok... well A bit of experimenting and... installing and calibrating a sustain pedal works.

What I learned:
- a momentary contact (with just a tip and sleeve) switch does not work
- a variable resistance switch (with a TRS plug) does.
- I connected it to vol 1 in
- 'not too sure which of the two switches for calibration relate to vol 1 / 2 but I pushed both for low and high (so I guess now Vol 2 is mis-calibrated).

In the end it remains a mystery how this changed. Might I have inadvertently hit calibration when there was nothing plugged in??

So fixed or not, it is resolved. I had not thought to look at the sus pedal because I'd never used one (thanks keyman)

m

Sun, 19 Dec 2010 18:56:54 +0000 GMT

I' happy you got "the stone out of you're shoe"
Weird solution nevertheless...

Keyman

Sun, 19 Dec 2010 23:54:31 +0000 GMT

The ability of using Pedals was one ( of many) factors of "taking the ALPHA Train", definitely something not to be overlook (comes to my mind the Air Studios Eigenharp ALPHA Demo)

Please log in to join the discussions