Forum rss-feed

Forum

Alpha: New video :)

Most Recent

written by: barnone

Wow, you are really getting proficient with the instrument. That is motivation for us all. Thx for the video.

written by: 0beron

Wed, 15 Dec 2010 16:13:35 +0000 GMT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3V178qF9NOg

This video is the result of my effort to use the Alpha's keys in they way they were intended. All the sound is generated by one patch in Massive, and with a combination of velocity, aftertouch pressure and the key's sideways axes I can get at least 4 distinct sounds out of it without taking my hands off the keyboard :D

I've found that a good way to make huge patches like this is to find a complex and evolving synth patch with lots of modulation (LFOs, envelopes etc.) and to remove all the automatic modulation, instead attaching everything to the keys in some way and then playing it in realtime.

written by: mikemilton

Wed, 15 Dec 2010 17:56:30 +0000 GMT

Very Interesting. I'm not against arping, LFO mods, etc (for example) and I'm sure you aren't either but it is one of the strengths of this instrument that expression is under the player's direct control as you have demonstrated here.

Thanks, m

written by: dhjdhj

Thu, 16 Dec 2010 11:16:38 +0000 GMT

Very nice. What tuning are you using?

written by: dhjdhj

Thu, 16 Dec 2010 11:16:39 +0000 GMT

Very nice. What tuning are you using?

written by: 0beron

Thu, 16 Dec 2010 11:29:14 +0000 GMT

Standard Alpha chromatic tuning, although I think the tonic note is B for some reason. I think any other tuning might make it hard to move from the first section which is mostly major into the later parts which are probably modal knowing me.

written by: barnone

Sun, 19 Dec 2010 15:32:37 +0000 GMT

Wow, you are really getting proficient with the instrument. That is motivation for us all. Thx for the video.

Please log in to join the discussions