Forum rss-feed

Forum

Help: Still getting a sound when metronome running, after turning all groups off.

Most Recent

written by: Toaster

Thanks for the welcome!

After extensive forensic analysis (that is, thinking about what I had done)-- I had apparently set up some stuff in the step sequencer while being confused by the fast talking dude in the tutorial vid, and not erased/shut it off it properly.

Thanks for the "click track" hint-- I was using a cheap drum machine for the same purpose. I'll give that a go when I'm a little better with the instrument as a whole.

Looking forward to learning more, for sure.

Wed, 8 Dec 2010 05:24:39 +0000 GMT

I just got a Tau, and perhaps I am missing somehting, but I am still hearing a "boom-tick" even after turning off all sounds in metronome play. It's irritating, and I don't want any drum noises; I want to be able to record loops without it. Where is it coming from?

Wed, 8 Dec 2010 05:29:52 +0000 GMT

ANNND just like that it's gone. Hmm. Perhaps I had inadvertently recorded a loop, but I can't see how that would have come to pass, given my less than four hours with the thing. Ahh well.

written by: 0beron

Wed, 8 Dec 2010 10:16:45 +0000 GMT

If it's an Alpha or a Tau, maybe you've pressed some buttons on one of the arrangers?

written by: mikemilton

Wed, 8 Dec 2010 12:13:04 +0000 GMT

'not sure about the Tau but in the "drummer controls" there should be a key "clicker on off". It is separate from and in addition to the drummer voices (loops).

You might be interested in a hint by Geert as well:
"There's a way to play the first layer of a loop actually, with some tricks. I did it before with the Pico. Since EigenD sends out MIDI clock sync, you can send out a click on a separate channel just to your headphones, start the scheduler without any drum channels, record, and only then turn on the drums."

The full discussion is here:

http://www.eigenlabs.com/forum/threads/id/481/?page=1#snap_post3453

Welcome to the growing crowd of players

m

Wed, 8 Dec 2010 22:23:03 +0000 GMT

Thanks for the welcome!

After extensive forensic analysis (that is, thinking about what I had done)-- I had apparently set up some stuff in the step sequencer while being confused by the fast talking dude in the tutorial vid, and not erased/shut it off it properly.

Thanks for the "click track" hint-- I was using a cheap drum machine for the same purpose. I'll give that a go when I'm a little better with the instrument as a whole.

Looking forward to learning more, for sure.

Please log in to join the discussions