Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: Escaping from choose mode

Most Recent

written by: 0beron

Some feedback on this from Dave in the most recent seminar, and it seems for now you can't escape from an inadvertent 'k choose'. It's not too important, but might be worth putting on the feature queue.

Mon, 6 Dec 2010 18:51:11 +0000 GMT

Is there any way of cancelling the command 'k choose' when applied to a kgroup? I have now twice made a setup I wanted with a couple of new kgroups, and was in the middle of setting up the courses on one of them. The following sequence of commands ends up with me scrambling my setup irreparably and having to start again:

kgroup 70 hey ( my new kgroup)
k as 1 choose ( choose course 1, works great)
k as 2 choose (oops, mistake, I should have said 'hey' again first or 'listen')

This last line seems to talk to 'talker kgroup 1' which looks like it is some global kgroup a bit like kgroup 99, and I am now forced to choose its keys again, and since I don't know what order they originally were in I then wreck everything by reordering every single key in the whole setup..!

Something like a 'k un choose' or 'k cancel' or equivalent would be really useful!

written by: keyman

Mon, 6 Dec 2010 23:46:13 +0000 GMT

upsss... sorry to hear about this ( wish we had more info on Belcanto)

Can't put away this idea of entering in a wonderful but dark room, and stumbling on everything cables, agents, talkers...

I tend to go slowly and save like a mad, every few steps (setup a, setup b... etc)

I did asked Dave in some seminar about copy, cut or paste. Never did ask about UNDO ??... it seems to trivial, or probably very very difficult, in Belcanto world.

keyman

Thu, 16 Dec 2010 13:35:31 +0000 GMT

Some feedback on this from Dave in the most recent seminar, and it seems for now you can't escape from an inadvertent 'k choose'. It's not too important, but might be worth putting on the feature queue.

Please log in to join the discussions