Forum rss-feed

Forum

Help: Export / Import Profiles ?

Most Recent

written by: john

Hi Nico

You can move the setup files over, but it is certainly not guaranteed that they will work properly when you do unless you're moving between exactly the same version numbers of release. You could experience some weird bugs, so please bear this in mind. The setup upgrade process sometimes has to do things like replumb Agents or make connections (especially if we've fixed a bug that needed connection changes, which does sometimes happen) and if this has been the case you could have some quite weird things happen.

You may be fine moving the files, but please remember that you also may not!

John

written by: nico

Wed, 1 Dec 2010 15:30:56 +0000 GMT

Hi ,

I search a way to export/import my works on an other computer, or on a newest version of EigenD.
I play on the Windows Version.
For exemple i would like to export my profiles of the beta version to the stable version.
I tried to move some files and repertories but without success.
Any Idea ?

Thanks a lot .

Nico.

Wed, 1 Dec 2010 15:54:34 +0000 GMT

Stable versions of EigenD automatically import all your previous saved setups from previously installed and run stable versions and they will be there in the load menu. Unstable and testing versions do not do this and it is not possible to use saved setups from unstable or testing versions with the stable versions of the software. The setup upgrade process is generally not implemented until we move a release into the stable release as the upgrade process itself can be quite a bit of work to get right and requires a fair bit of testing. If we had to support this with every Unstable or Testing release then it would make the development process go much slower, so in the interests of development speed we don't do it.

As a general principle, it's not a great idea to use Unstable for creating performances or setups that you wish to use in performance, it's there for experimentation and for those players that help us out testing new features or who are simply interested in what is coming up next. We've now managed to keep to a much shorter release cycle (1.3 is not that far off entering testing only four weeks after the last stable release) so the desire to use the Unstable branch for performance should be a lot less from now on...

John

Wed, 1 Dec 2010 16:05:48 +0000 GMT

My apology for my beginner question
Finally , I found the solution and it's really easy in fact .
We just have to copy all the directories who are in :

Librairies/Documents/1.X version/

to

Librairies/Documents/1.X OtherVersion/

Wed, 1 Dec 2010 16:14:15 +0000 GMT

Thanks John for your fast answer ,

I posted an answer at the same time than you.

Of course you're right about the unstable version.
I'm really glad that the new version will automaticly import that.
My old profile was just for testing the pico , now i'm ready to just work on the stable version.

thanks to you and congratulation to your Dev Team.

Nico.

Congratulation to your Dev team

Wed, 1 Dec 2010 16:45:02 +0000 GMT

Hi Nico

You can move the setup files over, but it is certainly not guaranteed that they will work properly when you do unless you're moving between exactly the same version numbers of release. You could experience some weird bugs, so please bear this in mind. The setup upgrade process sometimes has to do things like replumb Agents or make connections (especially if we've fixed a bug that needed connection changes, which does sometimes happen) and if this has been the case you could have some quite weird things happen.

You may be fine moving the files, but please remember that you also may not!

John

Please log in to join the discussions