Forum rss-feed

Forum

General Discussion: Party in London

Most Recent

written by: 0beron

Think I saw someone lurking with a camera, will have to ask the organiser if I can get some if it, or if it's online somewhere.

Mon, 29 Nov 2010 11:11:26 +0000 GMT

Hi folks, a friend of mine in London is throwing a giant Christmas party in a hired space on the South Bank, 19th of December. There'll be lots of musicians there, and a dedicated space for jamming. I intend to be there with my Alpha, and it would be great if anyone decided to come along and raise the eigenharp density :)

Let me know if you're interested and I can furnish you with further details.

written by: keyman

Sat, 18 Dec 2010 04:10:55 +0000 GMT

Wish all a great jamm and a Happy Christmas (wouldn't mind being there...)

Keyman

written by: EdisonRex

Sun, 19 Dec 2010 15:46:44 +0000 GMT

Oh! And I'm in London... but the weather has been a mess and I've been jamming all weekend already. Hope you have a great time.

written by: mikemilton

Sun, 19 Dec 2010 21:25:38 +0000 GMT

Wishing you a great time this evening. Wish I could be there, m

written by: mikemilton

Mon, 20 Dec 2010 12:28:36 +0000 GMT

Well, what is the report? A good time had by all??

Tue, 21 Dec 2010 10:28:47 +0000 GMT

Dave and Finlay got stuck in the snow I think, so 'twas just me (and a dozen or so other musicians, bass, guitar, keys, voice, drums, african percussion, sax etc..). The 'harp makes a real visual impact, with most people's reaction being 'whoa - what is that thing? It looks cool!'. I did my best to evangelise, maybe I should ask eigenlabs for a stack of business cards or something as I could hand them out pretty fast wherever I take the instrument.

Some fun jamming, and proof that the 'harp is a versatile beast, filling in on drums, bass or lead depending on who else was in the room.

The venue is pretty bonkers, a big warehouse space with a sounddesk tucked under a big steel structure, two bars, a raised stage and then this giant cylindrical tank that used to hold fuel but now has three internal floors. The jam space was inside, and had glass floor and ceiling - mad.

Carrying the hiscox case, the laptop bag, plus another rucksack with a battery amp and my WX5/VL70 gear plus all the cables, the K&M eigenharp stand strapped to the side, plus a sleeping bag / toothbrush etc, is about the limit of what I can carry on foot, and getting it all on the London Underground in rush hour was a bit painful, but if you compare it to the conventional way of doing electronic music with a keyboard/decks and a big rackbox of modules, then the eigenharp compares quite favorably!

written by: john

Tue, 21 Dec 2010 10:49:21 +0000 GMT

Hi 0beron

Sounds like you had fun, shame about the weather. We've had over a foot of snow here and living on a 1 in 4 hill (I live on Dartmoor), its been entertaining. Lots of tourists who think their cars have magic wheels, dozens of abandoned cars by the side of the road.

I've asked Neil in London to send you some picture cards to hand out, of each instrument. Thanks for the evangelism, its always appreciated.

John

Tue, 21 Dec 2010 11:39:45 +0000 GMT

Thanks John. It'll make it easier to explain to others what the eigenharp is in the cases where I'm not carrying it as well. I often load up the products page of the website on my phone as it's the easiest way of getting across exactly what the instruments are.

written by: barnone

Wed, 22 Dec 2010 22:35:58 +0000 GMT

Cool. Was there any video taken?

Thu, 23 Dec 2010 13:35:03 +0000 GMT

Think I saw someone lurking with a camera, will have to ask the organiser if I can get some if it, or if it's online somewhere.

Please log in to join the discussions