Forum rss-feed

Forum

Alpha: Problem with floor spike

Most Recent

written by: Lowdene

John

As ever, great support, thanks. I'm happy to try the DIY solution. I managed to get the grubber screw out last time without damaging the thread so hope I can do so again. I won't let any glue go near the Alpha! As you suggest, if I have any problems I'll contact Aaron.

Thanks again, Nick

Mon, 29 Nov 2010 09:25:08 +0000 GMT

The 'handle' keeps unscrewing from the the 'grubber screw' holding the floor spike in position. I haven't tightened this excessively. I tried using loctite to prevent it happening but it still unscrews leaving the grubber still screwed in and holding the floor spike. Is there anything you recommend me doing or do I need a new screw / handle combo?

Nick

written by: john

Mon, 29 Nov 2010 13:38:27 +0000 GMT

Hi Nick

That's a fault, it shouldn't come apart. If I were you I'd give a dab of cyanoacrylate glue (the very thin sort, old style superglue, not the gel, a drop on the top of the thread when it's assembled, but make sure that it is not screwed into the instrument when you do this or you could end up bonding it into the Alpha, which wouldn't be good) a quick try and if that doesn't work, give Aaron a call or email in customer services and we'll ship you a new one. We're investigating how this part is bonded as a result of this post., It's made by a subcontractor and we don't know how it's fabricated right now, but this shouldn't happen and we'll be putting a process in place to stop it happening again.

John

Mon, 29 Nov 2010 19:10:53 +0000 GMT

John

As ever, great support, thanks. I'm happy to try the DIY solution. I managed to get the grubber screw out last time without damaging the thread so hope I can do so again. I won't let any glue go near the Alpha! As you suggest, if I have any problems I'll contact Aaron.

Thanks again, Nick

Please log in to join the discussions