Forum rss-feed

Forum

Pico: Belcanto help needed to control external midi synth.

Most Recent

written by: geert

Hi,

With release 1.3.7-unstable there a new MIDI routing matrix that should make all of this very easy for you to set up, you can read about it here:
http://www.eigenlabs.com/wiki/Routing_Matrix/

Take care,

Geert
Eigenlabs Software Team

written by: bl4cksun

Sun, 21 Nov 2010 22:51:03 +0000 GMT

Hey Ive been trying to use the pico to control my hardware synths and am struggling a bit to get things working how Id like.

The main issues seem to be based around not being able to map the controls on the pico to the standard midi cc controls (cant find a configure option like there is for controling AUs) and also alter the control curves, its far to sensitive an instrument for me when coupled with the synth.

Now I know that all of this will be trivial when workbench comes out but I also know having followed the fantastic free seminars, that its possible in belcanto. Its just Im still struggling with a lot of the belcanto stuff, the seminars are great but take a while to sink into my thick skull.

The controls I know my synth responds to are:-
velocity
aftertouch (although Im not sure if this is chanel aftertouch)
pitch bend
mod wheel
breath control
obviously note on and off.

Does anyone have a handy belcanto script hanging around that will map these to the normal cc codes.
The pitch bend and mod wheel already work but are so sensitive, so Im also after an example belcanto script to alter their ranges and also add a dead spot around the center position. So if anyone has one of those handy Id really appriciate it.

Thanks

written by: keyman

Mon, 22 Nov 2010 00:38:57 +0000 GMT

Hi, bl4cksun
Well.... when I started the tread ((Every "wonderfull" bits of Belcanto... to magic this was in my mind.
Everyone can see now with STAGE how huge an ALPHA setup can be ( even on the PICO), if everyone shared and sum all the bit's we could have a mini workbench by now ( glad we have the seminars).

But enough... I'm willing to help, what's you're synth exactly ?
CHANGE CC number

midi controller 1 hey
continuous number 1 to 7 set

(continuous number 1 is the strip controller and "to 7" is the midi cc number)

Eigenharp PICO
strip controller - continuous number 1
breath controller - continuous number 3

keyman

written by: bl4cksun

Mon, 22 Nov 2010 11:51:15 +0000 GMT

Hey Keyman thanks for the tips..
Im trying to control a Radical Technologies Spectralis which is an awesome sounding if complicated synth/groove box. At present you can only effect changes to the sounds externally via standard controls such as velocity, key pitch, aftertouch, mod and pitch wheel, breath. Internally these can be linked to various controls.
As mentioned before the pitch bend and mod wheel seem to work but are so sensitive.

it would be great to have an area that people can upload their example scripts to, will have to check out the eigenzone.org website see if its possible there?

written by: geert

Sun, 19 Dec 2010 08:27:30 +0000 GMT

Hi,

With release 1.3.7-unstable there a new MIDI routing matrix that should make all of this very easy for you to set up, you can read about it here:
http://www.eigenlabs.com/wiki/Routing_Matrix/

Take care,

Geert
Eigenlabs Software Team

Please log in to join the discussions