Forum rss-feed

Forum

Software: Windows VSTs - How?

Most Recent

written by: carvingCode

OK. Success. Went in to AU #2 and attached one of the VSTs. Up popped the dialog for that VST and I'm able to play thru it.

One thing I will mention: The little 'dot' in the Browser never changes from 'yellow' to 'green'. It goes from 'red' to 'yellow'. I am able to play both of the VSTs.

Thanks.

Sun, 21 Nov 2010 14:43:50 +0000 GMT

Anyone have suggestions for additional VSTs to add to the Windows setup? Also, how does one add these? I downloaded a couple freebies and placed the in the directories from the docs with no success.

TIA

written by: 0beron

Sun, 21 Nov 2010 14:49:14 +0000 GMT

Maybe you need to run the plugin scanner again after adding new VSTs? I'm not sure where this lives in the windows version, but it's in the tools menu on mac.

Mon, 22 Nov 2010 10:59:11 +0000 GMT

I've run the utility but it doesn't find the VST.

written by: geert

Mon, 22 Nov 2010 11:25:24 +0000 GMT

Hi CarvingCode,

On Windows there's not a standard location for VST2 plugins. Historically, C:\Program Files\steinberg\vstplugins has been used by many, but they can really be installed anywhere. EigenD scans this folder by default as well as the C:\Program Files\Eigenlabs\VST folder. If you copy the .dll files of your VSTs to any of these two folders and re-run the plugin scan, EigenD should see them.

Hope this helps,

Geert
Eigenlabs Software Team

Tue, 23 Nov 2010 01:31:35 +0000 GMT

Hi Geert - Still no luck. Tried both folders. Plugin scanner runs, but does not list any VSTs after.

Am I missing something? What should I see if the scan completes correctly?

TIA

written by: geert

Tue, 23 Nov 2010 06:10:34 +0000 GMT

Hi CarvingCode,

Can you please tell me which VSTs you're using? I'd like to see if maybe something with them is causing some kind of incompatibility.

Thanks,

Geert

written by: jim

Tue, 23 Nov 2010 08:58:41 +0000 GMT

Just as an addendum, I'm currently changing the Plugin Scanner to allow you to set the VST search paths, and be more explicit about which VSTs have been discovered and/or failed.

Hopefully that'll make things easier to work out whats going on.

Jim

Tue, 23 Nov 2010 22:20:25 +0000 GMT

The VSTs I'm attempting to use ar ejust 2 random ones I downloaded. Genobazz and Easy Wave Player.

Ran 1.2.9 and the plugin scanner reported the additional VSTs were good. So, step 1 seems to be working here.

Now, I need to figure out what I'm to do next to make use of the VSTs. Suggestions?

Tue, 23 Nov 2010 22:23:14 +0000 GMT

OK. Success. Went in to AU #2 and attached one of the VSTs. Up popped the dialog for that VST and I'm able to play thru it.

One thing I will mention: The little 'dot' in the Browser never changes from 'yellow' to 'green'. It goes from 'red' to 'yellow'. I am able to play both of the VSTs.

Thanks.

Please log in to join the discussions